Adoption?

Ashley POV:
I stood there- just peering through the glass. This was really happening, our family would be complete. Their small faces kept peering back at me, occasionally blinking or yawning. Adorable.

Christian was standing next to me, grinning madly. Handsome as ever! And soon we would have a little baby to call ours. "Hello! Are you Mr and Mr. Purdy My name is Margret" I heard a cheerful voice ask behind me. Turning around I saw it was an employee. She had straight dark brown hair which nicely complimented her tan skin and striking green eyes. I could see she had a tattoo sleeve on both of her arms because she was wearing short sleeves. A nose and eyebrow piercing decorated her pretty face.

"Yeah, we are! Me and my husband are here to look at adopting a baby" Cc smiled sticking his hand out for a handshake. She led us back into her office so we could fill out paperwork and decide what baby we wanted.

"So you're looking to adopt a baby. Do you have any preference on medical conditions or gender?" she asked grabbing some papers out of her desk. "Umm... No. We are fine with any medical conditions and whatever gender is fine" I answered for both of us knowing Cc would agree with me. She sat back down with papers; "Ok. Just fill out this paperwork and then you can go out and choose your new legacy. Then come back in here and fill out some more paperwork and you're good to go" she smiled sliding the paperwork across the table.

"If you don't mind I'm going to calm down some babies well you fill this out" she apologized and left leaving us alone to fill out the paperwork. Margret had slid the papers to Christian, who of course ended up sliding the papers to me because he didn't want to fill them out. I literally think this was the longest paperwork I had ever needed to fill out, ever. Of course, my wonderful husband just sat there playing drums with some pens on the table. After what felt like forever I finally reached the last page. Quickly signing my name I passed the paper to Christian so he could sign. Signing it quickly he did a victory drum solo on the desk.

Soon after Margret walked back in, looking slightly frazzled. "We finished. You said we go pick our baby now" I smiled standing up from the desk. My heart fluttering with excitement. This was it! We were about to choose what little angel we got to take home! Beaming, she led us into the room where they kept the babies. I remember minutes before standing on the other side of the glass. Using my vampire powers I tried to find any supernatural babies in the room. Nothing...

But then I heard it, a faint heartbeat. Off in the corner of the room, barely recognizable but still there. Instantly I dragged Cc and into the back corner where I heard the heartbeat. Then I saw her, just lying there.

In a tiny- almost invisible- crib in the corner of the room lay a baby girl. Reading her name tag I saw her name was "Ashley". I liked her already!!! Bad ass name! Her eyes opened revealing warm brown eyes. Small tufts of brown hair lay on her head, poking everywhere. "Ashley.... Shes beautiful" Cc gasped grabbing my hand. "I know baby, I know" I smiled daring to place a hand on her cheek.

Margret made her way over to where we were, "Isn't she beautiful? No one will take her because she's so pale and tiny". "What are her medical conditions" I asked unable to take my eyes off her. "Nothing so far, just that she was born a month early. That's why she's so tiny" she explained. I squeezed Cc's hand and we made eye contact. Was she the one? From the look in my husbands eye I knew it was. "Do you want Ashley?' she asked cautiously but hopefully. "I think we do" Cc kissed my cheek and I nodded.

We headed back into her office, and I couldn't believe it. We had a kid! We were parents! After filling out some more paperwork we were finally able to see our Ashley again! Only this time, as her parents. When I saw her I practically squealed with excitement. There she was, our daughter! She was a paranormal so she would live forever . I just wasn't sure what type of paranormal she was... I'm sure we would be able to find out soon, I wasn't worried.

They gave us a blanket and the carrier thing you put babies in. Good thing we were already prepared. We had already put the baby seat in so all we had to do was pop her in. The entire time home I kept looking back at her, still in shock. I also found myself driving extra careful, I knew I would never let her get hurt. Pulling into our driveway Christian grabbed her and we brought her inside to her room. She had lilac tan walls, since we didn't know if we were getting a boy or girl. Mickey Mouse sheets and blankets were in her crib. She must have loved them because she started smiling and giggling the second she saw them.

Almost instantly she fell asleep, her happy peaceful face calming me. We must have stood in her room for at least an hour just watching her sleep because soon she woke up. Christian player with her well I got her a bottle and some baby food. Looking down at the bottle I saw it was Blueberry and carrot flavored. Ugh, did babies even like this stuff? I almost tried some but then decided against it.

Bringing the food into her I soon headed back into the kitchen and grabbed to blood bags. Sipping on my blood I fed her her own dinner. By the end of the meal I had stopped so low to do the airplane thing. We were going to be such helicopter moms! Now we just had to tell everyone, we adopter a baby girl who was a type of paranormal we just didn't know what... How will they take it?