Snow day

Macys POV
I woke up just as the sun was rising into the sky. I looked around to see Maggie and Glenn still sleeping. I crawled out of bed quickly and quietly, remember the snow day talk. I look outside and it was calm and bright, no more snow fell and no wind blew. I raced over to pull on my winter clothes, careful to not disturb my bandages. I pulled myself onto the bed and jumped a few times, startling Maggie and Glenn out of their slumber. Glenn groaned and rolled over, pulling the blankets over
his head as Maggie laughed. 'You said we could play in the snow tomorrow! Today is tomorrow because yesterday was yesterday and today is today!!' Glenn pulled the blankets off his head, giving me a funny look and Maggie was doing the same. 'Stop staring! Let's go!!!' I went to jump off the bed but Glenn grabbed my coat and gently pulled me back. 'Maybe let's eat some breakfast and not jump off furniture Mace, I don't think you want to hurt yourself and be stuck inside longer, do you?' Glenn asked. 'Okay' I sighed.

We had finished breakfast and everyone was getting ready to head outside, I couldn't stand still, I had been locked inside forever it felt like! Finally we all headed outside. It was freezing, but I didn't care. I fell flat into the snow and started making a snow angel, Carl joined also. Eventually we all formed little groups, seeing who could make the best snowman. Carl and I were on a team, we found everything we could to make ours the best! When we were done everyone said our snow bunny was the cutest they had ever seen! I couldn't wait to tell Tilly and Billy. The next thing I knew a snowball hit Carl right in the center of his back, and just like that it was on! Snowballs were flying on all directions. It was so much fun, but starting to get cold.

          Maggie's POV
It was amazing watching everyone so careless for once, just happy and laughing. I noticed Macy shivering though and her lips looked blue so we all decided it best to head inside. Once we got in I took Mace upstairs to get clean, dry clothes on. We went back down and sat around the fire just talking and eating. Carol came out and said she had a surprise for everyone. 'HOT CHOCOLATE' Macy yelled and ran over to grab a mug. We all kept talking, drinking (the adults had a little something extra in ours) and eating. The sun had gone down and everyone was getting tired and heading off to their sleeping areas. Daddy came over to give us all a kiss goodnight. 'How are you feeling Macy? Any pain?' Daddy asked her. She shook her head and gave him a big hug. Macy, Beth and I sat around talking a little longer. 'How much longer do you think we will be able to stay Maggie?' Beth asked. 'Maybe we will stay forever!' Macy chimed in. I looked at her sadly. 'Probably not forever Mace, we need something more fortified and bigger. I assume we will leave when the roads are passable.' 'I like it here though' Macy said in a sad voice. 'I know sweetie, but we will find something better, with more room to run and play and we won't be so cramped.' They both nodded. We sat in silence for a while. 'Alright girls, I think it's bedtime, tomorrow is a big day, lots of things for the adults to do.' We all said our good nights and Macy and I headed upstairs. Glenn was snoring away. We crawled into bed and Macy was asleep instantly. I laid there and stared at her, remember all the fun today brought, hoping we got more of that soon. Such a beautiful day.