A mess

I was sitting in the living room, staring down at my paper, crayon In my hand, not really feeling like drawing. I hadn't talked since mama. Bethy collapsed also, she don't wanna live, I get it, this worlds bad . I heard Lori tell Andrea to keep an eye on Beth, but Andrea also went outside. Lori came in to check on Beth and started freaking out because she locked herself in the bathroom. Maggie came in freaking out too, than I heard glass shatter and the door broke open, Maggie rushed Beth into the kitchen to daddy. She cut her wrists. So I started to draw finally, and kept drawing and drawing. Maggie rushed back thru the room and outside again. I could hear her yelling at Andrea. She was to stay away from us. Maggie finally came in and sat on the floor next to me. She looked for a moment and than snatched my drawing up. I looked up at her, and she didn't seem happy. 'MACY! What is this?! Why are you drawing this?!' She said panicked. I just looked at her and grabbed another piece of paper. She took it from me, and put my crayons away. She lifted me up and sat me on the couch and crouched down in front of me. 'Look at me Macy, NOW!' I looked up. 'Hunny, I know things are bad right now, but this' she said holding up the paper, 'this right here, is a big no.' I just kept looking at her, I didn't want to talk. She sighed. 'Come on Macy, let's go find daddy, you need to show him this.' She picked me up and we looked around for daddy, he wasn't inside. We went out front. 'Hey Rick, have you seen our dad?' 'No, not for a while, why? What's wrong?' I just need to speak with him.' Maggie went and sat me on the rocker on the porch and told me to stay put, than she went to talk to Rick. After a bit Rick and Glenn left on the car. Maggie came back over. 'They are going to find daddy, he went to town, he's fine so don't worry.' I was still in trouble as the day went on. And everyone seemed to keep disappearing. Lori, Shane. Everyone's going crazy. The sun was going down when Shane pulled up with with Lori. I followed Maggie over to them. 'I had to make sure you and the baby were safe' Shane said. 'You're having a baby!?' Carl yelled, and stormed off. Lori followed him. I just gave Shane a dirty look, he was a liar and a bully. He came over to me, 'what?!, I scare you are something! You got something to say!' Maggie pushed behind her. ' child's a god damn mute!!' He screamed. I grabbed Maggie. 'Don't you DARE talk to her like that!!' Maggie yelled. And Shane stormed off. She turned to me and I looked at her with wide eyes. She picked me up and took me inside to get ready for bed. By the time we were done, another vehicle was pulling in. We went outside and Daddy, Rick and Glenn got out, I was going to run to him 'stay back' he said. I was told to go inside. So I did. After a while people came inside. I listened to them talk about a guy named Randall that they saved and brought back, he's tied up in the barn. Daddy came over and finally gave me a hug. 'Macy, I want you to listen to me, you stay away from the barn now, I mean it. It's not safe, okay?' I nodded my head. 'Now, what's this about bad drawings I'm hearin about?' Maggie came over and handed him the paper. He looked at it and shook his head. 'Macy. This is unacceptable, you know better than this. I know things are tough, things are scary, and things are new. Don't let it get into your head though. You'll lose who you are. Now, I better not see anymore of this, ya hear!' I nodded my head. 'Don't let this world bring you down with it.' He kissed my head and walked towards the door and stopped.  'Maggie, you've really stepped up taking care of her, you get to decide on her punishment' with that, he was out the door. Maggie looked at me. 'You're grounded Mace, to the house. No going outside. You are too always be with someone, at all times. If I catch you breakin the rules, your punishment will be worse. You understand?' I nodded my head. Alright, the other part of your punishment is early bedtime, until I think you deserve to stay up later. Your bedtime is now 6. You will eat dinner, and go to bed. Since it's already late, your punishment starts tomorrow, bedtime though, now.' I followed Maggie up to my room. She tucked me in, gave me a kiss, and lights out. I lay there a while, thinking about everything, until I dozed off. I hope I'm not grounded long.