Mistake

me and rhea had been getting closer over the past month. started facetiming some nights, which turned into sleeping on the phone, which turned into needing eachother to sleep. we'd text about stupid stuff just to talk, get lunch together, but not at nice restaurants, and show up at parties together. stephanie told us last week that we'd be fighting eachother this week for the championship. i wasnt gonna win it, but then i'd join the judgement day, which im not mad about at all, ill get closer to rhea.
only thats what i thought.

i felt a hand pat my back as i was hopping around in gorilla, making me just then realize we were the only ones there
"dont stress it im not gonna hurt you" rhea assured me, kinda making me feel a little bit calmer. i already knew rhea wasnt going to hurt me, im just scared i'll make rhea mad somehow

my music started blasting and rhea grabbed the back of my neck and spun me around, suddenly kissing me on the lips. it was short but not rushed, i dont even know what it was. before i could speak or react, she shoved me out of the curtain to do my entrance.
what the fuck.

by the time i had gotten to the ring, the lights dimmed and vivid dark purple lights flooded the walk, her music blasting 5 seconds later. her attitude was completely different, full character. full rhea ripley.

she got in the ring and paced the other corner, keeping full eye contact. it felt like a century until the bell rung, and she didn't lunge for me. she stayed in her corner. pacing. she was waiting for me to go. she couldn't hit me.

the match was a blur, i remember when i jumped off the ropes, rhea would have her arms out to catch me before i fell, she felt more careful during this match. when she did the riptide on me, she keep her forearm behind my back so the impact would hurt her and not me.

i remember doing a full off the ropes and landing on her. i remember my foot hitting her head instead of her chest. i remember the ref smacking the ring and rhea not kicking at 2. i remember the plan going completely off course, i remember getting handed the belt that wasnt mine, i remember looking down to her now sitting up. i remember her face.

i just met a new rhea ripley

i just met a new rhea ripley. i met a rhea that despised me. that saw a backstabbing bitch. my jaw was dropped and i was completely lost. my arm was limp as the ref raised it, calling me the new womans heavyweight champion. calling me what rhea was supposed to be. where she was supposed to be. i was supposed to be on the ground.

when i walked to the back, everyone was congratulating me, but management was silent. i was silent. rhea was still sitting in the ring.

i started immediately apologizing to stephanie, i explained it in fast stumbled words as my breath started to catch in my throat. whatever happened in the hotel is happening again. im pushing it down as i speak, but the second i hear the curtains pull back, it consumed me.

"im so sorry i didnt me-" i immediately turned around and started hysterically speaking but her shoulder hit mine so hard it spun me around, facing her back as she kept walking to her dressing room.

i immediately chased after her to her locked dressing room door, choking on the air in my lungs
"i didnt mean to i didnt please" i started rambling at her door as i heard her shuffling around in her bag. i betrayed her, i stole from her i- her bag.

i started seeing that imagine from when we met. her slamming on my door for bianca, her bleeding arm dripping on her chest and down her hand, the bandage. bianca was out, im the last person she wants to see, shes looking in her bag.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR" i slammed my fist on her door and my breathing and wellness was immediately fine. i didnt care about myself, i cared about the girl behind the door.

"RHEA" i hit the door again but i heard nothing. nothing until i heard the lock click. shes letting me in.