13. Make Me

As Bradley pulled away from Nova's lips, he worried that it was the wrong time to kiss her. It wasn't just a kiss after all, it was their first kiss. If you asked Nova, she'd say that Bradley kissed her to make her stop stressing about everything, and really just to shut her up.

That's not why he did it, though. In Bradley's mind, Nova looked beautiful right then. She looked beautiful in the classroom when she smirked at him, and in the hallway when she laughed. She looked beautiful when she was crying in his lap two days ago, when she was sprinting full speed on the treadmill, and the very first time he saw her when she was struggling to get the gas pump out of her car. Right now, in her car in the dark parking lot when she was rambling on and on about everything going on in her head, she looked fucking beautiful.

Bradley kissed her because he couldn't help it. Because he was filled with so much adoration for her that he couldn't contain himself, he couldn't keep it in.

Nova froze in place for a moment, she didn't say anything to him. The only sound in the vehicle was the unsteady breath she let out. He started to get scared that she didn't like the fact that he just kissed her, and that he made things weird between them.

"I'm s-" Bradley begins to apologize, but his words are cut short by Nova placing her lips back on his.

Nova couldn't help it either. The feeling of his lips on hers was something she had been anticipating, thinking about constantly. Once they finally kissed, she only wanted more. Bradley kisses her back with an equal amount of passion, moving his mouth with hers in a way that felt perfect to both of them. It felt right.

Now that Bradley knew what it was like to kiss Nova, he never wanted to stop. They way the two of them melted into each other was like they had connected on a whole other level.

Bradley's hands travel down the length of Nova's body, sliding down her waste and landing on her ass. She then deepened the kiss, leaning as close as she can to him over the console and tangling her fingers in his short hair. His hands continued to aimlessly wander her body, as if he was trying to prove to himself that she was real, that she was really there and that it was really her kissing him.

"Brad." She murmured between kisses.

"Hmm?" He pulls away from her mouth and opens his eyes.

"What time is it?" She anxiously grabs her phone to see that it's 10:56 Pm.

"Ten fifty six." He tells her, looking at the screen on her center console. "Shit, the gates close at 11."

They go back to talking like they normally do, not saying anything about the kiss they just shared. It's not awkward, though. The air between them isn't too thick, it feels just fine actually. It feels natural.

"We better go before we're locked in." She says, putting her car in drive and starting towards the exit. "Shit sucks." She mumbles.

"We've got an early morning." Bradley brings up as they drive through the night.

"Sure do. All my stuffs already on base though, so I can roll out pretty quick."

"Same. Everything is all packed in my locker, it's weird." Bradley tells her.

"Weird?" Nova questions.

"It just feels so soon. I dunno, I feel like training went by really fast. I don't know if I'm ready."

"I know you're ready." Nova reassures him, grabbing his hand in hers. "I'm taking you to your place, right?"

"Oh yeah, I guess so." He nods.

They pull up to the rental house and see no light whatsoever. Everyone's cars are parked in their usual spots, but no windows are lit up. It's the same for all of the houses on this street assigned to this mission.