8. Eject

Nova rolled over in the thick comforter, stirring awake after hearing the loud blare of a military style alarm. She tried to reach the nightstand and turn the alarm off, but couldn't move due to a strong pair of arms gripping her waist. She quickly came to her senses and realized she had waken up with Bradley, and now had to go to work.

"Bradley!" She shakes him awake after recollecting her thoughts, wondering how he slept through the loud noise.

"Hmm?" He tilts his head up.

"I have to run home and get ready for work." She tells him, prying his hands off of her.

"You can get ready here." He mumbles half coherently and fails to pull her closer.

"I don't have clothes." She tells him as he's getting out of bed.

"Just wear that." He shrugs.

"I can't just wear this." She argues, gathering her things.

"Why not? You look great." He sits up and rubs his eyes to wake himself up.

"I can't look like I spent the night here! I gotta go now or I'll be late."

"Alright, Nov. At least gimme a hug or something." He laughs lightly and stretches his arms out towards her.

Nova returns the hug, wrapping her arms around his neck and shoulders while he wraps his around her waist. He pulls her closely to him, resting his head against her chest for a moment and just enjoying being with her like this, without any jets flying over their heads.

"K, Bradhsaw, I'll see you in a few." She ruffles his hair and lets go of him.

"See you on base, Mitchell." He releases her from his grip and and walks out the door.

Nova power walks through the house vastly, pausing for a second when Bob walks out of his room. He looks at her suspiciously as if he's seeing something he shouldn't. She knows he probably assumes she hooked up with Bradley, but she doesn't really have time to explain herself. The two awkwardly nod to each other from across the living room and she continues walking out the door. The sun isn't up yet, giving her hope for making it on time. Luckily, there's no traffic at the ass crack of dawn.

Nova rushes to get ready, throwing on her usual jeans and Top Gun tee shirt and leaving her hair down. She zooms out of the house and makes it to work just in time for the official briefing of the mission. Luckily, she didn't have to do inspections this morning, or she would be screwed.

The girl speed walks Inter he classroom, joining her father and Hondo in the corner as the aviators take their seats.

"You were almost late." Her dad tells her in his fatherly tone.

He's never been the most parental parent, so even this mini-lecture is odd for Nova.

"Key word, almost." She states through a smirk.

"Normally you feen for the free coffee. What took so long, Mitchell?" Hondo pushes on, joining forces with Maverick.

"I just was a little tired this morning, nothing big." She lies, not wanting her dad to know she stayed with Bradley.

At the very moment Nova said that, Bradley walks right past them into the classroom.

"Ah look at that! Bradshaw's usually early too. Now what the hell are you two up to this morning?" Maverick remark, pointing a finger at them accusingly.

"Nothing, sir. Just tired after that intense football game." Bradley says sarcastically as he lightly pats Nova's back.

"Ha! The kids are teaming up on you, how's that feel, Mav?" Hondo says.