Part 1: Back in Town

At first, the only sounds Jackson could hear were the sounds of the car driving on the road. The air was crisp. The leaves were turning various shades of brown and orange. Normally, he couldn't even tell what time it was by looking at a clock, yet for some reason, his senses were heightened to such a degree that even such insignificant details were clear. He sat there, in the back of his mom's car, watching as they slowly made their way back to the old town they used to live in. Willowbrooke, was it? Ah, yes. The location where he spent most of his childhood with his friends. As he sat there in the back of the car, his mother looked back at him with concern.

"Jack, sweetie. Are you okay?" she said with a concerned look on her face. "It's not like you to stay silent for this long." Jackson didn't respond at first, clearly deep in thought. "Jackson?" his mother said, more sternly while raising her voice. Jackson jolted awake from his daydream before responding. "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm okay." He responded dryly. "Well, you certainly aren't acting like it." his mother stated. "I guess? I don't know. I'm mostly worried." he replied while going back to looking outside the car window.

"About what?"
"About my old friends, and school, yknow?"
"What's there to be concerned about? You already know they're more than likely still here."
"I know, but that's what I'm worried about. What if they're like, mad at me? For leaving?"
"Jackson, we both know those are your nerves talking. You know you kids used to be inseparable? All you'd ever wanna do is play all day with each other, going on...what were they, 'adventures'? You'll be fine, they won't be mad."
"I know, but I still can't shake that feeling that something is wrong."
"Don't worry about it. Look, we're here anyway!"
As she said that, Jackson looked forwards to see a familiar old house coming into view. "Yo, wait. Is that out old place?! I thought that burned down!" exclaimed Jackson. "It did, but luckily, there are some gifted people here, so they got it fixed within a few months." Jackson's eyes lit up upon seeing the old home he used to live in. He couldn't explain it, but this home was always the one he felt most comfortable in. All the other ones were fine, sure, but this place was his home. All of his childhood memories were made here. As Jackson's mother pulled into the driveway, Jackson quickly hopped out the car and started grabbing as much luggage as he could. "Woah, woah, slow down there, bud!" his mother said, amused by his newfound enthusiasm. "I haven't even parked the car yet." Jackson looked at his with pleading eyes, saying "Mooom, please! I can carry everything, but you gotta let me in!" She sighed, before walking over to the front door and unlocking it. "Never change, Jack." Right after she was finished, Jackson rushed into the house and rapidly became carrying everything in by himself, to the (empty) protests of his mother. After finishing the daunting task, Jackson asked his mother if they had any furniture. "Oh, I'm pretty sure we do. The moving company was here a week ago, so we should have our old stuff in here already sorted out." replied his mother. "Ah, okay. I think I might've done a bit too much heavy lifting. I'm gonna go upstairs and take a break." said Jackson, while breathing out a sign of exhaustion. "That's why I told you not to bring everything in yourself! But fine, I'll be down here if you need me." his mother said while walking towards the kitchen. Jackson nodded as he walked upstairs, admiring the handicraft of the house. He didn't remember every detail of the house, like most late stage teens, but he did remember some things. Like, for example, a dent in the upstairs bathroom tub. Sure enough, it was still there. The attic stairs that made a loud, yet eerie sound when shook? Unfortunately, when he checked, he learned that they were, in fact, replaced. He went about exploring the little nooks and crannies of the house he could remember small disturbances in until he finally got bored of it. Anything he didn't discover today could be found later. It was at this point that he decided to take a nap. All of the heavy lifting from earlier, combined with no actual rest, had started to hit him. As he walked towards his room while stretching, he called out to his mom.

"Hey mom? I'm gonna go ahead and take a nap."
"Okay, no problems here!"
"Alright, love you!"
"Love you too!"

He quickly layed on top of his bed, not needing much to make himself comfortable. As he lay there, quickly drifting to sleep, he heard his mother open to door to greet some house guests.