Thunder Buddies

You: Astraphobia, the fear of thunder and/or lightning. Dan Howell wasn't afraid of thunder, no, it /terrified/ him. So whenever there happened to be a thunderstorm, the brunette would hide under the covers in his bed and wait for Phil to come in to his room and try to distract him from the storm. He never told anyone about his fear of thunder, and was always thankful that Phil never asked why he stayed in his room during storms like the one going on right now. The thunder was very loud, and came in long waves at a time. Dan was under the covers, eyes closed tightly and face buried into a pillow. "Oh please Phil, come home already ."

Stranger: Phil came in and shrugged off his coat, hanging it up on the rack by the door and shaking his head to loosen the hair that had gotten plastered to his face. He toweled off in the bathroom and ran his fingers through his hair before changing into some dry clothes and heading to Dan's room. He thought about knocking on the door, but there was a sudden clap of thunder followed by a muffled squeak so Phil just chuckled quietly and let himself in to hide under the covers with his thunder buddy. "Thought I'd make it home before it started pouring," he said, pulling the covers back and posing in all his damp glory for Dan. "I was clearly mistaken."

You: Dan chuckled, even in his shaken state. Whenever there was storm Phil and Dan would lay in one or the other bed and hide under the covers until the storm pasted. This was really the first time Dan was alone for a little during a storm, but Phil knew how to calm him down a little. Phil called them thunder buddies, it was Phil what did Dan expect. He pulled Phil down to sit on the bed, still halfway under the covers. He already did most of what Phil did when it started to pour. He shut the blinds and curtains and kept one low lamp on so they knew if the power was out.

Stranger: Phil grinned and slid under the covers. He smiled softly, apologetically at Dan. "Sorry I didn't get home before the storm started, Dan," he said, nudging their shoulders together gently. "But if I may say, it looks like you did a fine job of weather-proofing the flat without me."

You: "I did everything you do when a storm starts". Dan said, like he was proud. He used to be like a baby when storms happened, but Phil helped and tried different things to block sound out or settle Dan down. So when Phil isnt there Dan could do it himself, but Phil was always there. The blanket Dan took to hide under, shamefully, was Phil's checkered one. Which made under the blanket a blueish green when completely under. So Phil looked a little discolored. But still there.

Stranger: Phil couldn't help the sudden surge of fondness that overtook him when he noticed how proud Dan was that he'd gotten ready for the storm by himself. It had taken a lot of baby steps to get them where they were. The largest hurdle, surprisingly, was getting Dan to admit what he was afraid of. It wasn't easy. Dan would insist he was just sick for the longest time when he'd start shaking during storms, but eventually Phil figured it out. Once Dan understood that it was okay to be afraid of storms, it wasn't long before he was sitting with Phil making a detailed list of every last thing he hated about storms. Phil had written it all down and come up with ways to combat the fear, and they worked nearly all of the time. It became a comforting ritual for both of them over time; Dan because he needed Phil during the storms, and Phil because he needed Dan always. Phil giggled. "Looks weird under here. I like it."

You: Dan smiled small, "Like the ocean, if you could see clearly underwater". He said quietly. His voice was always very quiet around storms. Dan couldn't be more thankful for how Phil helped him, he used to have to act like storms didn't affect him at all when one started and the bother of them were in the lounge or something. It killed him, but luckily Phil found out on his own. "Why do i have to live in the rainiest country? Life is not in my favor". He said, happier now that Phil was there.