Chapter 1 Part 3: New Beginnings

Realizing their lives are on the line, Neo and the other drones run off to escape the upcoming danger.

  One Worker Drone was unfortunately slow to react fast enough, he was impaled against a wall and his head was sliced off.

  U's eyes had turned into the familiar X shape as she replaced one of her claws with a uzi gun and begins firing at the Neo and the other fleeing Worker Drones. One Worker Drone's head was shot off before U pounced at the other drone and began to maul him ravenously.

  Neo's breathing was ragged as he continued to run, refusing to look back, he looked at the pulse rifle in his hands and saw it was recharged. Not wasting another moment, Neo turned around and pointed to shoot, but sees that U is nowhere to be seen. Neo looks around frantically to figure out where she was, but his attention was drawn when he heard footsteps approaching.

  Neo turned around to see Jessica with a brand new card deck in her hand, "alright losers! Who's ready to meet defe—"

  Jessica paused as she sees all the chaos she missed. Jessica looked at Neo with disbelief and fear, "what...What have you done?"

  Neo doesn't reply as his optics shuddered, "Jess, I-I can expl—"

  Before Neo could say anything, U jumped down from the rafters and landed on the ground hard. The floor shook when U landed in between Neo and Jessica, causing them to stumble a bit before steadying themselves.

  Neo quickly reacted prepares for a fight, "I'm sorry U. I enjoyed our time together, but I can't let you take another step."

  U chuckles darkly, "I wish I could say the same thing, but it would be a lie."

  Neo narrows his eyes and points his rifle at U, "Jess, get down!"

  "You lead a Murder Drone here?!" Jessica yelled as she looked between Neo and U. "What were you thinking?!"

  "Now is so not the time!" Neo replied as he looked at Jessica pleadingly, "I know that I messed up, but I promise that I'm going to fix it! Move, Jessica!"

  Suddenly, U stabs Neo's shoulder with a sword and pins him to a wall, Neo grunts in pain as he coughs up oil.

  Neo struggles be noticing that his pulse rifle had fallen and landed at Jessica's feet, "Jess... Point and shoot... Trust me...!"

  Jessica looked between Neo and U as she was trembling with fear, Neo watches as Jessica pulls out a remote and slowly backs off instead of helping.

  Jessica looks at Neo with a disappointed and sad expression, "mistakes have consequences Neo, and you made the biggest mistake." Jessica pressed a button on the remote and the door closes with metallic bang, leaving Neo to die...

  Neo's gaze was fixated on the closed door, feeling heartbroken.

  No... Not just brokenhearted, but the feeling of betrayal of his own sister leaving him alone to die was enough to break Neo, to the point where he shuts down. No grief over being left in the lurch by his own sister. No attempts to fight back U...