Chapter 1 Part 2: New Beginnings

3rd POV

Neo gaped at the Murder Drone as he stood still out of fear, "Holy crap, you can talk."

"Uh, of course I do. You're doing it too," the Murder Drone retorts. "Ugh, my head kind of hurts. Huh, can't remember what happened. Strange.... Anyway, are you new to our squad? You're a little, uhh... short, for a Disassembly Drone. "

Neo smiles nervously as the Murder Drone stares at him intently before sighing, "ah, who am I kidding? I'm considered quite small between T and K," she muttered the last bit. I'm Serial Designation U."

"O-oh, uuh..." Neo thought for a moment, "my name is Serial Designation N, nice to meet you."

U hums, "uh, likewise. I guess."

"Well, it's been nice meeting you, U... But I, uh, have to, go." Neo took a step back to leave but stopped and hiss in pain as he had forgotten about the painful hole in his damaged hand.

"Oof, stick yourself with your tail? Just pop it in your mouth. Our saliva neutralizes the nanites," U explained as she points to her yellow nanite tail.

Neo internally grimaced, "and by our saliva, you mean..."

"Disassembly Drone?" Neo and U said in unison.

Neo chuckles nervously as he tries to find an excuse, "well, you see. My uh, nanites are kinda... Offline?"

"Aah, I guess that can happen." U says with a groan,"what did you do? Trip on a rock or something?"

Neo gave a sheepish chuckle, causing U to groan in annoyance. "Come on, let's go in that landing pod. But, don't you say anything about this, got it?"

Neo smiles, "sure! I love doing anything!"

*̣̥☆·͙̥‧‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥˟͙冬˟͙‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥‧·͙̥̣☆*̣̥*̣̥☆·͙̥‧‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥˟͙冬˟͙‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥‧·͙̥̣☆*̣̥

Neo sat on a chair as U spat onto a rag with a embarrassed glare, "I'll warn you again. Don't ever. Tell anyone."

  "Ah, don't worry about it," Neo laughs softly. "Consider it repressed!"

  U hums as she applies the rag onto Neo's injured hand, "whatever."

  Neo winced when the rag applied to his hand and had to bite down his tongue from seething from pain and discomfort from the warm nanite saliva. But over a mere moment however, the pain disappeared.

  Neo looked at his with astonishment as the hole in his hand was healed up, like the stab wasn't even there in the first place. Neo looked up at U with a small smile, "thank you so much. That really did wonders, you couldn't tell that it was injured at all."

  U huffed as she advertised her gaze from Neo with bright blush lines that appeared on her visor, "ew, that's gross. Don't thank me like that."

  It was easy to see that U doesn't hear complements too often.

  There was silence for a while before Neo decided to break it, "so uh... you mentioned that there were others. Where are they?"

  "They're hunting right now," U informed. "There are two others. The most tolerant one between the two is T."

*̣̥☆·͙̥‧‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥˟͙冬˟͙‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥‧·͙̥̣☆*̣̥*̣̥☆·͙̥‧‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥˟͙冬˟͙‧̩̥·‧•̥̩̥͙‧·‧̩̥‧·͙̥̣☆*̣̥