Chapter 2

Hailey's pov

After the english, (which was pure boredom, by the way) I went to meet up Zander and Luke on the short break in-between periods. Suddenly, I stumbled across a blondie and a brunette. She was trying to comfort the blondie who was on the edge of breaking down. It was obvious the blonde had cried before, since she had makeup smudged all over her face. Oh, really awesome. Zoey and Maria.

"Watch where you're going, freak!" Maria yelled at me, while Zoey was forming an angry look, realizing who I was.

"You." Zoey got out of Maria's hug and gave me the death stare. She didn't do it very well, considering she was probably trying to copy Drew.

"What do you want, Zoey?" I sighed. "Don't you have anything better to do than to pick on someone?"

She came one big step closer, making me back up a little.

"I dare you to even try coming close to me again. Oh, and, I swear, if you do-"

"C'mon, Zoey. She's not worth our time." Maria pulled her friend and they both walked down the hallway, Zoey still giving me the stare.

Great. This day really couldn't start any better.

"Hailey! Over here!" I heard someone calling me from behind and saw Luke waving. Beside him was, of course, Zander.

"Were you talking to Zoey and her friend just now?" Zander asked me suspiciously when I approached them.
"Yeah.. nothing serious, really. She's just probably still upset since Drew broke up with her." I looked aside.

"Well, that's still no excuse for her to take out her anger on you. If she comes near you again, she'll meet her God." Zander clenched his fists, looking at the direction they walked away.

"Zander, please, I'm sure Hailey will be fine without you having to fight Zoey." Luke tried to calm his boyfriend down. I nodded in agreement.

"Ugh, fine. But watch out for those snakes."

We had a few minutes of chatting and, luckily, we had the next period together. Even though I had history with them, it was also with Henry and Liam. My luck this morning really is wonderful..

"Alright, everyone, the class is starting! I would like to ask you to be quiet!" Miss Jones shouted as loud as she could, (she wasn't very good at that) silencing the loud ones (Liam, Henry and 2 other guys).

"Thank you. Now, let's begin."

The whole hour of a drag felt like an eternity before the bell finally rang again. Surprisingly, I didn't hear whispers or someone gossiping about us. Zander, Luke and me are usually the last ones to leave, considering that the whole stampede of students runs out as soon as it rings for break.

"Hailey, Zander, Luke, can I talk to you? It will only be for a minute!" Miss Jones called us over to her table. We gathered around and waited for what she had to say.

"I just wanted to congratulate you on winning the band competition. Especially you, Hailey. And tell Jake that I congratulate him too." the sweet teacher smiled to me.
"And everyone else in the club, of course."

"Oh, well, thank you Miss Jones. It means a lot to us." Luke broke the awkward silence, and me and Zander followed his lead. After she dismissed us, I realized the next period is science. Meaning that.. I had a class with Jake.

"Okay, Hails, we're going now. Take care and avoid those idiotic girls at any cost. Okay?" Zander asked me, sounding worried.

"I think she'll be in good hands, Zander." the light-brunette boy chuckled, remembering I have a class with our lead singer.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" my step-brother asked Luke in a serious tone.

"Oh..! Uhm.. n-nothing!" he answered, but didn't sound very convincing.

We parted and walked away to our next class.

"Okay, Hailey. Don't worry, you'll be okay. It's just a chit-chat with Jake, right? What could possibly go wrong?" my mind consoled me. "He did only say that we'll talk. Nothing serious."

I took a white coat off the hanger and put a pair of glasses. I sat on a free chair, making sure nobody's beside me. I sighed.

"Maybe Jake forgot..?" I was hoping.

While I was setting some test tubes before the bell, I saw a hand waving at me. It was Jake. So much about my luck..

-----------------------------------------

Author here! I love leaving people on small cliffhangers hehe >:) and- OML?? 52 READS ALREADY?! Literally thank you so so so much y'all, I'm grateful for every single reader I gain<3
Chapter 3 will also be out in around 2-3 days!

Hope to see you soon, my little stars!🌠