Past

Chapter 8:

I look at my new friend and I smile. "You're staying," I say happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes, I am." She smiles. "Anyway, you wanted help with training." She says matter of factly.

"Yes, I did. I thought a Seer would be able to help me figure out what I am supposed to be doing." She nodded in return. "Well, any ideas?"

"Sorry... I can only see the future if the choices are made. You change your choice and the future changes too. Do you understand?" I nod. "Good. But, I do have an idea. Since there is a war coming and you have never been up against witches, I thought I could ask my friends to help train you."

I don't know if I feel comfortable with that. -It is a good idea. We have never been up against witches and we both know that werewolves are too easy now.-

"I understand your point of view, but are you sure they will even agree?" I ask both of them.

-They will- Art says.

"They will," CeCe responds in unison.

"Okay then. We are having dinner in a few hours, so why don't we get to know each other for a bit and when dinner is over I will talk with your friends about it."

"Okay, what do you want to know?" She looks nervous, and I can tell she does not want to discuss that one thing.

"I am sorry. I know you don't want to talk about it, but how do they not know? Your sister especially?"

CeCe sighs dramatically. "It is too dangerous. If the council were to find out. They could destroy us. My father knows and so does my "Mother" but she thinks my mom was human, meanwhile Jules has no clue. I only found out when I had my first vision." She starts to tell me her story;

"I was only ten, but I heard my parents again screaming at each other. My sister is a year younger, but she is so much stronger than I am." She smiles at that part, but it quickly disappears. "Jules ran to me and she made sure I didn't hear a thing, whether it was covering my ears or telling me a story, so all I heard was her voice. I thought, "I don't know how she does it. I am the older one, yet she takes care of me."

This time, though, it was pretty bad, because no matter what she tried to do, I could still hear them. It's so bad that Jules cried with me. I never saw my sister cry before. She was always the tough one. My mind did a 180 and all I could think about was my sister, No... This is not right. Why should she have to cry like this? No more. I didn't notice my tears drying as I rose to my feet.

"Julia. Get up. We will not sit here and cry for them. We have cried enough because of them." I said. I refused to let my tears fall. "I will be strong for her." I thought to myself.

We simply went outside, we walked past our parents downstairs, they stopped arguing to look at us and my mother gave me the dirtiest look. I look towards my father and he apologizes with his eyes. I don't accept it and walk out the door.

We walk and when we get home everything is quiet. Both of our parents are gone and I crawl into bed, closing the door behind me. Jules does the same across the hallway.

I find myself staring at the ceiling and as I am about to fall asleep, my brain suddenly clears and I see myself and my sister growing older. I see how our lives become so full of life. We have amazing friends. We met James first. Then Andy and Wen. I see so much love in our little family, and then everything happy disappears. It feels as if Doom is walking closer and closer, until he is on my doorstep staring me straight in my eyes."

I see CeCe's eyes look up at me for the first time in her story.

"Then I saw you. I saw Evil run away from you." She stops and takes a breath. "When you walked away I searched my brain for you. When I did. I found myself looking at the past. I saw a baby at the edge of the forest. My father found you. He was so young. He looked happy. He saw that you were a wolf and he brought you to... her... to a pregnant woman. He called her Mary May. She smiled when her name was called and later I saw her leave you at the edge of one of the wolf's territory and run. When she came back she saw that my father was there and he was so happy to see her. She gave birth a week later. After she gave birth to me, she told my father that I had the witch gene and that our family would not survive until the war ended, so he took me. My father and Mother cried, but they agreed that they had to keep me safe. Back at the witch's coven they had an arranged marriage set up for my father, so the woman I thought was my mother was nothing, but the woman he was stuck with, a woman who hated me to her core." She sighs.

"After the vision I confronted my father, because I could not believe it was true. He cried when I told him. He said I had my mother's gift and explained that it was true. Everything he said lined up with my vision. I searched my visions everyday, to know more about her. I went as far as to hire a private investigator. That's how I learned that Mom adopted you. I saw us meeting here, in your pack." She sighed and she looked at me.

I give her my support. "I understand why you did not tell them up to now and I believe they will understand too. I may not know them and I may not have known you until yesterday... but, I know that they will understand, maybe not right away, but they will. When are you going to tell them?"

"I think I will tell Jules tomorrow, because she deserves to know first... I think I will tell everyone else when James gets back." She sighs

"I think that's a wonderful idea." She looks so scared. "But, if you need any support let me know and I will be there."

"Thank you, but this is something I am going to need to do on my own." She smiles. "And thankyou for listening. I have been holding on to that story for a very long time." I see the relief go through her entire body as she sighs.

I realize that it is starting to look dark out. I check my watch, 6:42! "Crap! We are late for dinner, Claire is going to kill me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry for the long wait. I have been very depressed lately, because of family issues and have not had it in me to do anything. I am better and have finally brought myself to write this short chapter. I hope you enjoy it. I am going to be writing more soon... Love you guys!

-Rissa Roo