understood

play the song above to add to the mood!
(song: bonfire by wave to earth)

──────────────────

CHAPTER 5 - UNDERSTOOD──────────────────

──────────────────

GAGGING, Shoko stuck her finger in her mouth as she entered the classroom with Geto. "Blehhhh, get a rooooommm!" She joked, watching Gojo admire his girlfriend from his desk as she peeled a small orange to snack on.

Gojo, who was sitting in his chair backwards to face
y/n, glared. "We aren't even doing anything inappropriate!"

"Sorry, I was fully expecting you guys to be on the desk doing it, so I prepared my ad-lib before hand!" Shoko teased, Geto snickering and nudging her in the back as they took their seats.

Life was amazing while y/n and I were together. I felt unstoppable having her in my corner. Just little moments with her would make me feel like I was on cloud nine.

Y/n laughed, popping a slice of the orange in her mouth. "I have decorum, Shoko...Satoru, not so much."

"No faiirrrr." Gojo whined.

"Oh y/n. The two of us have a mission today, right?" Geto struck up a conversation, fiddling with his pen.

"Mhm! I think we leave at 4. Ms.Utahime should swing by to retrieve us." She responded, casually eating the remainder of her orange.

Gojo's eyes were fixated on her fingers, them elegantly ripping each orange wedge and placing them on her tongue to savor and chew. Everything she does is so...perfect...

"No reason to put the formality in front of her name." Geto chuckled jokingly.

"You and Satoru are way too rude to her. The least you could to is admit she's older than us--"

Mid sentence, Gojo had grabbed y/n's hand, placing her pointer finger in his mouth.

All of them fell silent out of shock.

Y/n was frozen stiff. "...S-S-Satoru?"

His eyes were locked with hers, brows raised. After about 10 seconds, he slowly took her finger out, his tongue leaving behind his residue on her finger. "...I wanted to try some orange but you ate it all."

"SO YOU PUT HER FINGER IN YOUR MOUTH?!?" Shoko and Geto screamed.

Y/n gasped sadly. "Oh that's right! You did! I completely forgot!"

WHY IS SHE NOT COMPLETELY WEIRED OUT BY HIM?!! The other two bystanders thought to themselves.

Meanwhile, y/n quickly retrieved another orange
from her backpack and began to peel it for her boyfriend to try.

That was one thing I truly loved about y/n. She was able to tolerate me. No matter what skit Geto and I did. No matter the prank I pulled on her and Shoko. No matter what weird things I'd say or do...

Y/n grinned happily as she held out a slice of orange to Gojo. "Say ah!"

"AH!" He beamed, y/n gently placing the fruit in his mouth.

"Lovebirds! Bleh!" Shoko gagged.

She always accepted me. She'd laugh with me. She'd cry with me. She did everything with me. She just...

understood me.

୨୧ ୨୧ ୨୧

Y/n carried a woven basket full of clean clothes down the hall of the dorm quarters. It was nearly midnight, and she just finished a load of laundry. The halls were tinted blue from the night sky, and the moon shined so brightly through the windows that it casted a spotlight on Gojo's dorm door. She paused a few feet away from it, grinning. "I bet he's up at this time...Maybe I'll see what he's doing."

She set the laundry basket down by the door before knocking. "Satoruuuu?"

No response. Maybe he's sleeping.

She slowly opened the door and peeked inside the room. "Sato--"

Inside, Gojo was sitting at the edge of his bed, his hands buried into his face. He looked up at the sound of her voice, his eyes red and his face covered in tears.

Y/n's heart dropped. "Satoru?"

"...Y-"

"Satoru?! Are you alright?!" She fell to her knees in front of him and placed her hands on his shoulders. "What is it??!"

He looked down at her with wide and surprised eyes. "Y/n? What are you doing here?"

I remember how worried she looked. I was not known to cry. I was hardly upset, and if I was, I played it off as a passive-aggresive joke. So her seeing me crying that night must've frightened her so much.

She cupped my face with her warm hands and used her thumbs to wipe my falling tears. I could feel her fingers tremble against my cold face. Her voice started to waver. "What's wrong, Satoru?...Are you okay?..."

Gojo suddenly pointed to the small television that was placed in front of his bed. Somehow, y/n didn't notice it before. It seemed like he was watching a movie.

"...It had a terribly sad ending!!" He whined, falling off the bed and into y/n's arms.

She paused. "...A...A movie?"

"YES!!"

"...Oh..." She whispered, smiling as she wrapped her arms around his head and held him into her chest. "I hate to say it, but that's a relief. I thought something serious had happened."

"SOMETHING SERIOUS DID HAPPEN!"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"H-He lost his wife in an accident!!" Gojo wailed into her chest. Y/n felt his grip around her tighten immensely. "And it made me think about you!! Y/n, I don't ever want to lose you! I don't want you to ever leave my side...I..." He looked up with glistening blue eyes.

"I truly don't know what I would do without you..."

Y/n immediately felt tears escape her uncovered brown left eye. "Satoru...

If you don't want me to, then I'll never leave you're side."

Gojo sat up, gently placing a left hand on her right cheek. "...Y/n...That movie sucked ass! I can't believe it made me cry so hard!! That's how much I like youuuuu!!" He sobbed again, burying his face into his right arm.

Her eye sparkled with water, her bottom lashes now clumped together by tears. "...Satoru...

I love you too."

Gojo's wails were hushed. He removed his arm from his face and gaped at her with parted lips. All she did was smile, and kiss his forehead.

I remember that day so vividly. It was obvious I was trying to tell her I love her. But all I could say was how much I didn't was to lose her. But like I said,

she understood me.

She understood what I meant by that. So she said those three, soul-binding words to me. I remember how her lips moved as she said it. How many tears fell from her face, too.

"...I love you too...Y/n...So much..."

⋆.ೃ࿔*: