Chapter 13:🎩Limbo🎩

Face claim:

Outfit:

Cut scene:

Cut scene:

(Skip to 2:18)

(I will be continuing from the desert)

I got up in sand and was confused when I hear Fridge yelling. "This is a whole new thing. No one said we had to do a whole new thing!"

"And where the hell is Bethany?"

A few moments later We all got together.

"So, what part of new Hampshire is this exactly?"

"Where not in new Hampshire, Milo." Grandpa Eddie responded. "That's right. Exactly. Not new Hampshire. You're starting to get it now?" Martha asked hopefully.

"Nope. I don't have the foggiest clue what's going on here." Milo responded.

"That guy kept calling me Dr. Braverman which is the name of my orthopedist. So what I'm thinking is, I just had another hip surgery and now I'm coming out of it." Milo said.

The was a sudden yell "HEY! CHECK THIS OUT!"

When we got there it was a pile of crashed dune buggies. Martha and Fridge began speaking while I look at the vehicle which was a little rusted..but with a little Magician spark, it could do wonders.

I see the rest of the group surrounded by Fridge....he was reading the map.

"Kenji come over here." I heard Martha shouted. I walked over casually.

"You called?" I asked

"Yeah, we're in a place called the dunes." She said. "I could've guessed by the sand but thanks for the heads up." I responded.

"Who the hell is that?" I heard Eddie say. There was a thing running our way with a smoke path headed our way.

"Oh, that's an ostrich." Milo said.

"Oh no."

"Yes, indeed. That is an ostrich. The ostrich is a flightless bird, one of 60 species. You got the penguin, you got the emu, and you got the kiwi...heh, heh, funny thing is, I don't remember knowing--" he was interrupted by BOTH Martha and Fridge. "You're a zoologist."

"Ugh, old people." I groaned placing my palm on my face. "I was a zoologist last time its a very important part. Maybe if we could get through this a little quicker." Fridge said trying to get Milo to speed up.

" Well, another thing is, they can run up to 45 miles per hour, which makes them the world's fastest two-legged animal. Did you know that? Fascinating. What a magnificent creature." Milo said taking his time.

"We should get out of here." Martha said.

"What else do you know about?" Fridge asked. "Here's another interesting fact. They have three stomachs. How about that?"

Eddie then began provoking the thing.

"Grandpa I don't think should do that-" I warned.

"Is there anything else we need to know?" Fridge asked. "Another interesting thing about the ostrich....is when threatend they attack."

Right on cue. The big bird headbutted Eddie and he died.

"Oooooh!"

"Ugh ehhh" Martha groaned disgusted.

The thing then ran off back where it came from. "That's one way to do it." I sarcastically said.

"EDDIE! EDDIE! WHERES EDDIE?! IS HE DEAD?!" The old man asked frantically.

"Yes"

"No"

Martha and Fridge said at the same time.

"He died but he'll be back, remember, the same thing happened to Fridge back in the forest." I said trying to explain.

As usual old people don't listen "Did I just kill Eddie, by talking too slow like he always said I would?"

*CHIME*

Eddie then landed on his two feet.

"Why does everyone keep dropping from the sky?!" Milo yelled.

"Nurse, I'm gonna need to see Dr. Braverman right now." He said looking at Martha.

"I'm not your nurse.....okay listen up you see these tattoos on our arms, these are our life count, we each have 3. You and Fridge only have 2 left, if you use all three. Listen to me. It is game over." Martha said.

"Not only that....but if...you die you'll be in limbo...its a place where lost people go...I was there and I saw some people...but I was lucky to get out by some miracle." I explained.

"Kenji, you've never told us this before." Martha said. "It's not really something you can casually bring up in a conversation." I replied. "But still...have you told Bethany?"

I was quiet which meant 'no' she then sighed "you have to tell her."

"I will...when I'm ready." I replied.

The drums then began playing.

We looked over to see an avalanche of smoke headed our way.

"There's one more thing about the ostrich."

"Oh no." Mumbled Fridge.

"Say it!" Martha yelled

"They travel in herds"

... chapter finished.