꧁𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕꧂ 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕
꧁𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫꧂

    The sun shone brightly down on the vastly kept greenland that made up the park. Radiant Garden's specialty was the ever-consuming flower fields of its culture and world. And despite the sun's rays not being as harsh as they were on the islands, the plants blossomed under it. There was a giant, metallic playset for little children in the middle of a mess of mulch, enclosed by strips of old wood. Trees were sparse next to the flatlands to really let the kids run wild, and I stood with Denzel right at the edge of it as Squall gently pushed us closer to the playground.

    Denzel eyed the swings, shaking my shoulder to alert me that there was still one swing not taken by a kid yet and that we had to move quickly. I saw a kid go down the slide and another fall off the monkey bars. It seemed like a busy day.

    I took a step to follow him as he started running toward the swings, saying he'd save it for me when Squall took my book. I let out a cry of protest, but he didn't return it.

    "Give her the book back," Cloud told his spouse as I turned to face the brunette, holding out my hands and trying to reach up to grab it myself when I saw he had no intention of it. Without hurting me, Squall put a hand on my head and turned me around, pushing me out again toward the playground.

    "She doesn't need this," Squall said, sighing. "I don't know why we let her bring it."

    "Max and Goofy aren't even here yet," Cloud protested. I turned back around, eyeing my book.

    "(Y/n) needs to play with the other kids," Squall insisted, eyes trailing down to me as I stared up at him. I waited, but he didn't budge.

"It's alright, go play. I'll keep it safe for you and give it back later." He tried to reassure me, smoothing his hand over the book. Realizing I wasn't going to get it back, I huffed, starting to walk away as I heard Squall tell Cloud I was, 'behind other kids my age, socially.'

    "She's got a keyblade at age four, what did you expect?" I heard Squall groan, and then I was out of earshot of them as I hurried over to Denzel. He waved me over, hopping off the swing he managed to save but held onto the metal chain.

    "Come on, faster, (Y/n)! I wanna push you on the swing!" The older boy rushed me as soon as I got close enough, he picked me up by the waist and helped me onto the swing when I couldn't do it myself. I gripped the chains with my hands tightly so I wouldn't fall, my hands enclosing just one of the big links.

    Denzel took a place behind me, placing his hands on my back before gently pushing me. The swing moved a little bit and I wiggled my legs. He did it again, and I kicked. It felt like I was flying.

    "No. If you do that you'll lose the momentum!" Denzel warned me.

    "Oh." I didn't know that. I stopped kicking, just letting him push me. Back and forth, back and forth, as he was pushing me Denzel had to move out of the way so he wouldn't get hit. And I managed to soar above his head.

    "Hey Denzel, who's that?" Another kid's voice broke through the air followed by a surprised scream. I swung back and didn't feel a push. I turned around, Denzel was catching his breath as a kid around his age looked at him with a raised brow.

    He was taller than Denzel and had black hair and a snout with big eyes. He reminded me of Mr. Mickey but he didn't look like a mouse. With his floppy ears on his head, he reminded me of a friendly doggy. But that was a rude observation, wasn't it?