꧁𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈꧂ 𝐈𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝗺𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

꧁𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈꧂
𝐈𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝗺𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

    Tired waves crashed against old sand, the once dry mineral washing away and darkening, becoming a smooth surface that was hard to walk on. The setting sun in the distance created a crescendo of color, from the red ring around it to the bright orange of the sky that bled into the ombre of blue that took up most of the sky. The puffy clouds, few and far between for the middle of a hot summer, were shaded in a layer of purple.

    The cool breeze hit my skin, and despite the decrease in temperature, the nice reprieve from the hot air was welcomed. I took in a long breath before exhaling gently, continuing my walk down the shore. I wanted to find some sea shells to give mom since she likes them so much. The ones stuffed in my bag would be good for crafts, but I wanted to find one she could put on her special shelf. She always gets so happy and puts on a good display of it when I find something to go on her shelf. Seeing her happy was nice, and worth the time exploring when I ran out of books to read.

    "Riku, slow down!" A familiar little boy's voice called, followed by the sound of heaving breath and kicked-up sand. I looked in the direction of the voice's owner, my attention solely on my twin.

    His striking blue eyes stood out against the now dimming light, spiky brown hair flopped as he ran towards his friend as fast as he could. I could see his frown and furrowed brows, his tan, sun-soaked tan skin covered in sand.

    In front of him, and closer to me, was his laughing, well, not laughing, more so chuckling, friend, Riku. Even as he ran to me his bright turquoise eyes were closed. His short white hair dragged behind him with the breeze and his speed. His paler skin shone with a little sweat, yet, he didn't have nearly as much sand covering him. I wonder why.

    The older boy came to a stop by me, the speed at which he slowed down made him kick up sand in the other direction. Another wave came in, and I felt something brush my foot. I looked down to discover some seaweed had wrapped itself around my ankle. I crouched down to remove it.

    Beside me, a 'thump' was heard and I turned my head towards my brother, now face first in the sand. Riku's chuckle turned into a full laugh as he took in Sora's fall.

    "Riku! It's not funny! I have sand everywhere now." Sora whined, getting up and attempting to brush himself off. The tide came in again, and this time I saw something poking out of the sand by Sora's feet.

    I pried my hand into the sand and brought it up. The thing poking out of the sand was a seashell that spiraled out from the top before folding out to show a beautiful shiny inside. Sora stuck his head out to examine it, saying a quiet "cool," dragging out the vowels.

    "That's really pretty, (Y/n)," Riku said from behind me. I nodded, "yeah. It's pretty. Mom'll like it a lot, I think."

    Sora smiled, still close to my face he exclaimed, "Of course, mom will like it," He spread his arms out, "I bet she'll like it this much!"

    "Wow, that's a lot." I mumbled, "You really think so?"

    "He wouldn't say it if he didn't." Riku put his hands on his waist, looking down at me with a smile.

    "Exactly! Riku gets it!" Sora all but shouted this time, looking at his best friend with a glimmer in his eye.

    "And anyway," Riku brought his hand out to me, "My dad says we have to go home now, so you'll find out pretty soon."

    I took it, standing up and putting the sandy shell into my bag with the rest of them. I heard them all clink together as I wrapped the straps around my body.