15: Fighting For Her

Romeo

Now everyone's on my fucking ass. I stop smoking so that I can have a drink instead. "She says she's in her third trimester," Dad says.

"It's not mine," is all I say. I'm 100 percent sure of that.

"How are you sure of that?" They ask me.

"You want me to give you a visual?" I scoff and turn to my dear Uncle Zane. "You can only get pregnant if a man's sperm reaches a woman's eggs. Let me give it to you straight. I don't cum in girls. Only in their mouths."

"You best remember who I am, dear nephew. Why the hell do you think you can talk to me like that?" He stands up and gets all fussy.

"Because you're claiming that a girl's fucking pregnant because of me!" I stand to challenge him. "The only woman I'd impregnate is Elizabeth because I love her!"

"The paternity test should come back tonight," Nate says.

"So fucking stupid," I mumble. "Are we done here?"

"I'll text you when the results come in," is all Nate says. I leave.

Elizabeth

Tears prick in my eyes. Romeo's going to have a child with another woman. Do I even want to be pregnant? But...he'll have another family without me, and I'll be forgotten.

"I think I'll name the baby after him," she giggles as she eats beside me. I am uncomfortable, but it's rude to leave while she's talking to me. "Oh sorry. You never introduced yourself. Who are you?" She asks. With that comment, I get up to leave.

"I was looking for you, Elizabeth," Romeo says as I run into him. I turn away immediately.

"I need some time to be alone," I say. He grabs my arms as I try to leave.

"Why are you crying, baby?"

"Romeo, please let me go," I whisper. "I need time alone."

"What did she tell you?"

"It's ok. I get it. I get that you had a life before me," I sniffle. He looks at me and wipes my tears. I flinch away.

"Just don't touch me," I cry. "I said I need time alone."

"The baby isn't mine," I say.

"How can you be sure?" I cry.

"Baby—"

"Stop. She's probably wondering where you are. I'm just going to lie down," I whisper in tears.

"Fuck," he groans as I walk away. I can hear his voice breaking just as he's about to cry.

What makes a man cry? Seeing his woman walk away from him?

Am I walking away from him? Is that what this is?

I wipe my tears and run into someone else. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I cry.

"It's ok, Eliza," Elijah says. He tilts my chin up. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head. "Nothing. I just—I can't find my room," I say. I wipe my tears again.