Chapter 12

"Maloi, you're here." bungad ni Rufus kay Maloi, she's a female knight.

"Thank you for sending me here first like an arrow, You're Grace," Maloi said as a matter of fact. She must be that woman Rufus snapped to vanished earlier. 

We are now outside the wall and Maloi has already prepared a carriage for us. It is bigger, white with a golden touch. It also has a flag sitting on top of its roof with the Wynfir's coat of arms.

"You may get inside now, Duchess." Maloi politely said as she opened the door for me. She's a masculine type of woman which makes her uniquely attractive from my point of view. She's also taller than me, her hair was tied up neatly and she looks cool with that sword hanging on her waist. 

Pumasok na kami sa loob ng napakataas na pader ng Fliocia. If war were to happen this will be the last place the enemy can conquer, It'll be hard at that. Ilang minuto pa kaming bumabyahe bago makarating sa sentro ng lugar, ang kanina ay maluwag at tahimik na daan ngayon ay puro na kabahayan at mga taong nagkakalat sa daan.

Hinayaan ko lamang ang sarili na mamangha sa mga bagay na kasalukuyang nakikita ng aking mga mata. Hanggang sa nakarating na kami sa pinaka main road kung saan iba't ibang klase, kulay at laki ng karwahe ang naguunahan patungo sa palasyo. 

My mouth almost parted when we entered the palace's gate. Nagingself conscious ako bigla, so many things happened before we crossed the border from Alastor going into Fliocia. I almost got killed, is my hair still fine? How about my dress? I examined it all, no tore. 

"Here, Duchess." Maloi handed me a small mirror that she got from her pocket. I never expected her to have this cute foldable mirror having a cute design. That's why you should never judge someone based on their appearance. Though her looks can snap a gorgon's neck.

"Then, I shall borrow for a minute." 

She was with us, Maloi must be a close acquaintance with the Duke since Rufus let her ride with us.

"You're all good, Duchess," Rufus commented as I examined myself in the small mirror. I don't care about my appearance but having the Duke by my side and being his Duchess I should care more. I don't wanna become the Duke's shameful wife.

"Are you a goddess perhaps?" Maloi asked randomly, napakaseryoso ng muka niya kaya hindi ko mabasa kung nagbibiro lang ba siya, I do not know how should I make a proper reaction.

"Shut it Maloi, or I'm kicking you out now," Rufus warned.

"Understood." Maloi instantly nodded.

Habang palapit ng palapit sa palasyo ay palakas ng palakas ang nararamdaman kong kaba. Mas bumilis pa ang bugso niyon nang huminto na ang karwahe.  I look up at the Duke, feeling agitated. Am I ready to face everything from hereon? 

Naunang bumaba si Maloi para pagbuksan si Rufus, after he went out ay iniabot niya sa akin ang kamay niya. Napatingin ako sa paligid, napakaraming tao ang nagaabang sa Duke at sa babaeng lalabas sa karwahe nito.

Napalunok ako ng laway.

Rufus smiled, very gently.

"I am here." With his words, my attention diverts only to him and all I see is his face as I slowly reach for his hand. 

To move forward...I need to take a step onward.

Sinukbit ko ni Rufus ang braso ko sa braso niya. All of the people's stares and glares are noticeable na mas lalong nagpakaba sa akin. 

"Remember Zanelli, you are now my wife. The Duchess of Wynfir, the ruler of Alastor. Hold your head high and make them notice more of your existence. There is nothing to hide now, Duchess."