Chapter 13

With the earth-shaking transformation of Isabella fresh in their minds, Chief Xalpaca, leader of the Amayra tribe, and his warriors found themselves in the grip of a deep, primal fear. The terrifying spectacle they had witnessed shattered their resolve to conquer El Dorado, a city where ancient magic held sway. Seeing the humanoid panther, once Isabella, now a mysterious and primal being, vanish into the lush depths of the jungle filled the hearts of Chief Xalpaca and his warriors with dread. They realized that they had ventured into a realm far beyond their understanding—a place where the very essence of the land itself could reshape those who dared to defile it. Chief Xalpaca, trembling with a mixture of awe and terror, raised his spear high, signaling his warriors to cease their advance. The Amayra tribe, their faces marked with fear and uncertainty, gradually lowered their weapons. As the cacophony of battle faded, an eerie silence descended upon the battlefield. The Amayra warriors, who had been so resolute in their quest for conquest, now stood like lost souls, caught between the enigmatic forces of El Dorado and the haunting memory of Isabella's transformation.

Mateo stepped forward. His eyes, filled with a mixture of determination and compassion, met Chief Xalpaca's gaze. In that moment, the weight of responsibility hung heavy upon his shoulders.

"Chief Xalpaca," Mateo spoke, his voice resonating with an authority born of destiny, "El Dorado welcomes those who seek not to conquer but to understand the magic that dwells within these lands. It is a place of unity, where the secrets of ages past are guarded by the spirits of the jungle."

Chieftess Gaitana, the revered guardian of El Dorado, emerged from the heart of the city, her presence commanding attention and respect. Her golden attire shimmered in the dappled sunlight that filtered through the lush canopy above, and her eyes held the wisdom of ages past.

With a solemn expression, she addressed the assembly, her voice resonating with a sense of authority that transcended time itself. "Mateo," she began, her words measured and profound, "you have shown bravery and resilience in the face of adversity, and for that, you have earned a place in our history. But as of now, you hold no official authority in El Dorado."

Mateo, standing humbly before Chieftess Gaitana, nodded in acknowledgment. He understood that despite his lineage, the traditions and rules of El Dorado were older and greater than any individual.

Chieftess Gaitana then turned her attention to the Amayra tribe members who had been captured. Her gaze, unwavering and impartial, swept across them. "As for our guests from the Amayra tribe," she continued, "their presence in El Dorado is a breach of our sanctity. They came seeking conquest, but they now stand under the protection of our ancient magic."

A murmur of unease rippled through the assembled tribes. The Amayra warriors, who had once been a force of destruction, now found themselves at the mercy of El Dorado's guardian.

Chieftess Gaitana, her voice firm yet tinged with compassion, pronounced her judgment. "In the name of justice and the preservation of El Dorado's sacred legacy, I order the execution of the Amayra tribe members who trespassed into our city."

A collective hush settled upon the gathering. The gravity of Chieftess Gaitana's words weighed heavily on all those present. In the heart of the golden city, beneath the eternal gaze of its guardian, the destiny of the Amayra tribe members would reach its final chapter. With her proclamation echoing through the city, a solemn procession began. The Amayra tribe members, who had once posed a dire threat, were led to a designated area. The atmosphere was heavy with tension, and even though Mateo understood the necessity of such a decision, he couldn't help but feel a pang of sorrow for the lives that would be lost.

As the sun cast long shadows over the golden streets, the Amayra warriors were placed before a sacred altar. The El Doradoean priests, clad in robes of deep crimson, carried out the rituals with solemnity and reverence. Incense wafted through the air, and the soft murmurs of ancient prayers hung like a lament on the breeze.