Chapter 2

Snatching the book up, and snuffing the candle out, she marched his way out from the bunker. her heart still hammering in her chest as she went to confront the man that had lied to her for years.

Hokage Manor – Office of the Hokage

    Hiruzen sighed as he continued to file off the reports for the Chunin exam. Paperwork, the true mortal enemy of the Hokage title. He could never understand how his predecessor and successor, the Second and The Fourth Hokage, figured out how to deal with the dreaded enemy.

    He also had to deal with the council, his former teammate now advisors, and keep an eye on Danzo's little schemes that he was no doubt working on.

     Not to mention the troubling report that Orochimaru may have returned to seek revenge on the village. If not for the report that the last Uchiha had received the curse mark was any indication of his return. The fact that these reports coincide with the Chunin Exam was concerning. Which was why he had just assigned Hayate Gekkō to observe one of the examinees that may have a link to Orochimaru, Kabuto Yakushi. Hopefully, he could uncover something and prevent whatever Orochimaru was planning.

     He sighed as he set his pen down and looked over to the photographs of the previous Hokages. His gaze resting on the final image as he stared at his successor that was taken from them too soon. Minato Namikaze, the Fourth Hokage.

     While his reign was short, he had proven to be more than capable of the job, especially when he sacrificed himself to save the village during the Nine-Tails attack. An event that was still a mystery. They had everything in place to prevent the Nine-Tails from escaping, yet the reports indicated that somehow information was leaked, and someone had interrupted the proceedings, releasing the Nine-tails from its previous host.

    But why? If they had the beast, why not escape with it? Why release it? To Destroy Konoha? A lot of it was a mystery, one he hoped Jiraiya would find out as he gathered information.

     As he thought about Minato his mind also drifted to Kushina and the child that they had left behind. Their sacrifice had saved Naruto's life, and the village's. But robbed him of the parents that would've loved him. He knew he should tell him about his parents, but his father and mother had many enemies. If they had learned the Fourth Hokage, A.k.a. the Yellow Flash, had a son and there was a true blood son of the Uzumaki Clan still alive, they would do anything to get revenge on them by going through their only child.

     He was only thankful that Naruko was born with her father hair color, instead of the trademark red that identified all Uzumaki's. He had made a promise to keep her safe.

     Even if it meant keeping the truth from her.

Naruko: "Sarutobi!"

     his attention was returned to reality as the door was busted open and said girl came barging in while struggling to escape the grasp of the two chunin stationed to guard him.

Naruko: "We need to talk old man!"

     She said in venomous voice even made feel chill down their spines

Chunin: "We told you, you can't come in here! Lord Third is very busy right now!"

     one of the Chunin barked as Naruko barked back.

Naruko: "And I told you I don't give a damn! I need to talk to the old man right now! Get your hands off me! Hey! Don't grab there!"

Naruko yelled.

      Hiruzen sighed as he rubbed his ageing forehead.

Hirzuen: (thoughts) The girl is too much like her mother than his father.'