Chapter 29

Enzo's pov

It was an amazing day to spend time with her without bodyguards. We went to the arcade and got two car prizes. We decided to got to a restaurant after the arcade, we put our prizes under the table and looked at the menu, it wasn't a fancy restaurant, but that didn't matter. Alexis ordered a chocolate milkshake with toasted sandwiches. She loves her chocolate, I noticed. She will eat chocolate cereal, drink chocolate milk and now a chocolate milkshake. I ordered a latte with toasted sandwiches as well. While we waited for our food, we talked about wanting a dog, a cat or a bird. She said that she would love to have a pet bird, so she can teach him lots of tricks.

When that conversation ended, our food arrived. We thanked the waiter and he left. She went straight to the chocolate milkshake and took a sip of it. "This chocolate milkshake is so good" Alexis said taking another sip of it. We started eating our food and talking about random shit. When I look at her I get butterflies in my stomach, I could listen to her all day long and wouldn't get bored. I'll drop what I'm doing just to listen to her. Her smile makes more butterflies float in my stomach. She looks so innocent yet not innocent, she has killed people before, she does street racing and she probably does street fighting too but she can throw a punch, damn. She brings her gun with her everywhere, I saw that she has her gun here just incase something unexpected happens.

When we finished our food, I payed while she struggled to get past me so she could pay. We then walked around the mall for a bit till we decided to go back to her house. We climbed in my car and I started the car and reversed out of the parking lot. The hole car ride she was still upset about the pay thing at the restaurant. When the guards saw my car came up to the gate, they open it, they knew how my car looks like because I am here most of the time then my own house. I drove through and parked in front of her house. The rest of the day, her and I watched movies and ate snacks.

Riccardo's pov

This morning I woke up and got out of bed, making sure not to wake up Aurora. She has been the happiest since Alexis was finally back home after being taken from us. Alexis went with Enzo to the mall today while I was busy with papers work in my office.

I sat there in my office and began to daydream. The night at the ball when the guards took away the friend of Carlo's, he has been sitting in one of the cells at the warehouse, left to rot so I'll go tomorrow and check how things are going.

The sound of someone knocking on my office door snapped me out of my thoughts. I said come in and the door opened slightly and my wife peaks her head out. "Hey are you ready to go pick up the dog from the animal adoption center?" She asked looking at me excited for the new member of the Romano's family. I stood up from my office chair and said "Yes, I'm ready, let's go." We walked out of my office and then out the front door, we walked to the garage.

(Just imagine it with different cars also the car that riccardo picked is the car at the beginningof this chapter

(Just imagine it with different cars also the car that riccardo picked is the car at the beginningof this chapter.)

We walked towards a mustang, which I heard that a mustang is Alexis's favorite car. I unlocked the car and opened the door for my wife to climb in and then I went to my side and climbed in. I went and started the car and reversed out of the garage. I nodded at the guards standing at the gate, they nodded back and opened the gate. I drove out and headed towards the animal adoption center.

The way there, Aurora was talking about adopting a Doberman Pinscher, it is a great choice. We could see the adoption center come into view, I turned by the corner, driving into the parking lot. I parked in front of the center and before I got out to open the door for my wife, she was already out and waiting for me. I get out and we made our way into the adoption center.

We went up to the reception, but when she looked up, fear was all over her face. "Hi, do you guys have any Doberman Pinschers by any chance?" My wife asked excited. "Uhh, y-yes we do, do you want to have a look and pick one or maybe two?" The receptionist asked. Aurora immediately nodded her head up and down. "A-alright, follow me." The receptionist said. We followed behind her and we walked though a garden with see through wire that covered the place. There was also cats everywhere just laying on the ground.

We walked into a big building and there was a big play area for the dogs to play around

We then walked through a door that lead to all the dogs in their own cages. We walked by different dogs, till the receptionist stopped at one cage, My wife and I looked at the dog and it was a Doberman. I could tell by Aurora's face that she was already in love with him.

Aurora said that we will adopt him and the lady nodded her head

Aurora said that we will adopt him and the lady nodded her head. "I'll be right back." The receptionist said and walked away. "So do we decide the name or do the kids decide the name?" I asked Aurora. "We can let the kids decide the name." She said. I know they are probably going to argue about what his name is going to be. The lady came back and took him out of the cage and put a leash on him, he was wagging he's tail happy that he is finally adopted. We walked back to the front of the building were we came in and payed for him. He was so excited, Aurora wanted to walk him out so I let her take the dog. We walked back to the car.

Me, Aurora and the new family member climbed in the car and drove home.
______________________________________

Hi everyone, it has been a busy week, but here is Chapter 29!

Total words : 1091