Chapter 2

Heyyy guys! Here is chapter 2! Sorry its a little short, I'll try and make the next one a little longer. but in the mean time, here's a warning for fluff/lime! Thank you for your support!

Belly's Pov:

After our well-deserved victory, Taylor gladly rode on Steven's car to go back to Pennsylvania since they're a couple now, and Jere and I took my car to go back to the beach house, just the two of us. The beach house is much quieter here, given summer is beginning to fade, and autumn is rising before our eyes. Nothing is the same anymore. Not the house, or the people. Suzannah is gone, Conrad left for Brown, and the house no longer shines with the cleanness it did a few months ago. The only thing I feel like I truly have is Jeremiah, whom I treasure with all my heart.

Day slowly turns to night; the celestial stars glisten beside the moonlight. Jere puts on the movie "Jaws" and invites me to watch it with him. His ocean blue puppy eyes are just irresistible, so, I bring two cups of cocoa, along with a fluffy blanket to enjoy the night.

We continue to watch the movie in awkward silence until Jere breaks the tension in the air.

"Belly, I really, really like you. But I'm not sure if you feel the same." Jeremiah finally sputtered out.

No way, he must be joking, this is insane. I am devoted to him; he means the world to me. How could he even say something like this?

"Jere, why would you think that? You are all I've ever hoped for. Someone as perfect as you are only someone I've met in my dreams, until last summer, when I finally realised that the perfect person, I've been waiting for in Conrad was always you." I replied.

"I'm sorry for ever doubting you. I was just making sure." He replied. He gazed into my eyes, almost a sense of desire in them. He bites his lips as and looks at mine, then me...

My body takes over my mind, giving me no time to think. Before I know it, my hand is creeping up his arm, then cupping his face in my hands, I give him a passionate kiss on the lips as I run my hands through his silky blond hair. I begin to worry when he stares surprisingly at me. We've never kissed like this before, so it must've startled him, honestly, me too. But he reciprocates it, it's even more intense, even more ecstatic. He runs the back of his hand down my cheek, then lovingly traces the line of my jaw with a knuckle. I catch myself before it goes any further.

"Sorry Jere, I can't, not tonight." I whisper. He looks at me and smiles, a look of agreement, a look of supportiveness. This is what makes him perfect, his ability to understand me, his ability to be vulnerable and understand others' vulnerability. This is what makes up who he is. Jeremiah Fisher.