4

Sean O'Pry is Vincent Cipriano.

© 2015 NightMareLux. All Rights Reserved.

By the time we arrive the resort, it's well past midnight. I tried not to make eye contact with Vincent as he holds the door to the hotel lobby for us. I can feel his silver gaze on me and it just makes my head duck lower as I move under his arm.

A pair of keys are left on the unattended front desk. Vincent snatches them up and heads towards the elevator. After hearing a whimper, I realized that the front desk ladies were hiding. Before I can console them, Vincent calls out to me.

I struggle with my inner turmoil before joining him in the elevator where he presumed to scold me once the doors shut.

"I told you to stay inside the wardrobe." he said softly, though I knew he was obviously pissed.

"You were going to kill her, I had to come out." I froze, my heart on the borderline of stopping. "Is it my fault then- that you killed her? It's all my fault... if I didn't come out of the wardrobe she'd still be alive. I made you kill your own fiancé!"

His eyes widened a fraction before he placed a warm hand atop of my head. "Don't do that to yourself, Adelaide. My sins are not your fault, nor your burdens. They never will be. Don't delude yourself into thinking in such a manner. You are in no way responsible for my crimes."

I took a deep breathing, calming myself with his words.

The elevator doors opened and he guided me out with his hand splayed at the small of my back. "If it helps, I was planning on killing her eventually. It was just ahead of schedule."

My eyes watered once again and Vincent stopped in the middle of the hallway, stepping in front of me.

"Adelaide." he warned. "Stop. I don't take pleasure in seeing your tears unless they're from me fucking you into oblivion so cease this."

I glared at him through my blurry vision. "I wouldn't be crying if you had a heart, you cold blooded killer!"

He chuckled darkly. "You're not getting the point. What did you expect me to be? A sweet and caring guy? This is who I am. I silence those who are beneath me and put people in their place, be in with my hands, my words or with weapons. I run underground Miami."

I flinched away from his raised hand as he cupped my jaw, forcefully tilting my head up. "I've had enough of your constant disobedience. And since your at full health now, I'll be sure to fulfill that promise I made you the day I bought you."

I struggled in his grasp as he pulled me to the same room we stayed in when we came to the resort earlier this morning. "Stop! Please, no!"

Vincent had me on the bed before I could release another protest from my lips.

He rested one knee at the foot of the bed, loosening his black and blue tie while staring at me with his piercing silver eyes. Lightning flashed outside, illuminating the room along with his bare torso. The contrast of dark and light on his abdomen told me that his body was indeed toned and defined from every dip and valley.