Chapter Two

"We've all got the power in our hands to kill, but most people are afraid to use it. The ones who aren't afraid control life itself." - Richard Ramirez

* * *

My second victim would be a woman, and she would have perfect eyes. My idea of perfect eyes are those which have been blind since birth, because they have seen no imperfection, no vileness in this world. They would be pure and untouched.

It would take a while to find the perfect person for this part. But, once I found her, I would befriend her, keeping in mind that she was only there to supply the second piece to my perfection puzzle. After befriending her, I would invite her to my house. At first she would decline, saying that she didn't really go anywhere she wasn't familiar with, but after a bit of convincing, she would let me lead her to my car. Before I got in, I'd click a button on my car key, and the doors would lock. Another click, and chloroform gas would begin to fill the interior of the car. Before she knew what was happening, she would be passed out, and with yet another click, the car would unlock. Then I would open the doors and air the car out, climb in, and drive home. When she woke up, she'd be tied in the same chair as the last person, and this time I would use my home-made eye scoop. The dough scoop. Her eyes would be a milky blue, a clear, yet cloudy color. She would scream and scream, but I was the only one that knew my basement was soundproof. Maybe she would still be alive afterwards, but I could not risk letting her live. This time I would use a gun, out of mercy for my gender. This body would go in the same place as the last one. I would always be careful to choose victims that wouldn't be greatly missed. Ones that weren't married, or didn't have close contact with their families. The police wouldn't care about ten or fifteen people gone missing over a few years, and over nearly three states. I would be extremely careful to choose each victim from a different town, and I wouldn't be picky about ages. This would help make sure no detective could put together a pattern for me.

My next victim would be one with a perfect brain. An old, wise man, preferably. Old people are more likely to trust younger ones. I would take a man that was at least one hundred years old, because a century of knowledge makes for the perfect brain. I would take him straight out of a nursing home, say that I would take him to the park. I would do this for a few days, each time bringing him back, to earn the trust of the staff in the nursing home. Then, one night, I would leave the window to his room unlocked, and sneak back, stealing him straight from his room. The window would be locked again afterwards, and no one would be able to tell how he got out. Most would assume that he just walked away.

This piece would take time, but it would have to be perfect. After hours of careful extraction, the brain would be placed in proper fluids, stored alongside the eyeballs and scalp in the freezer.

To be a serial killer, most assume that you only choose one particular type of victim, that the murders are caused by some traumatic experience, but they are wrong. You could become a serial killer if you wanted. All you need is a creative way to kill, and a creative way to escape the police. Anyone who kills people could be classified as a serial killer, if they kill enough people of the same type.

The next victim would be one with a perfect nose-female.

The one after that would have a perfect mouth-male.

A perfect throat, perfect arms, perfect hands, perfect chest.

Is it not true that anyone could be a serial killer?

How else would I think of this?