Field day

'Not to undermine your genius intellect or anything, But how exactly are you going to convince these guys to talk to you, princess?' asked Zereph as he pressed the button to take the elevator up to the 3rd floor of the tall weathered yet resilient appartment building nestled within the modest neighborhood of the economically challenged country. Gray's building was in close proximity to the embassy, which made sense because from the digging Yor had done, the RE donut shop was right across the street from the RE pub. Things were all making sense. 

'Two normal people realize when their roommate is missing for a week,' Yor said as they stepped into the hallway, the elevator chiming behind them 'And on my little excursion to city hall last night, I stole their written "missing person" complaint report from the police station and erased the footage of them in the station from the security's office. And now...'

Yor leaned against the nearest wall, holding up two forged police IDs 'We both are officially Officer Scarlet and Officer Etharious. Oh, and by the way...Agent Radius Rose is now Wyatt De Saila.' said Yor as she turned her back on him to ring the bell, Zerpeh couldn't help flash a small smile. She was out of her famous "Scarlet Phantom" Scarlet coat and hat look, her braid unraveled into  soft, fluid billows of scarlet silk reaching her upper waist: half-up, half down, tied in a white bow. She wore a daring copper red leather cropped jacket over a perfectly a  stylish white and black romper, taylored for agile movements paired with edgy fishnet stockings and fashionable brown leather boots complimented by her rose studs (bar the thorn dangles) and  a thin black choker necklace. She was indeed as fashionable as she was intelligent, bossy and naturally gorgeous.

"Snap out of it idiot!" he inwardly smacked himself "She ruined your life!"

The doorbell was shrill, splitting his ears the same way as Yor's tantrum scream. Yor withdrew her finger, restoring quiet to the white doored apartment. Zereph hoped this was the right house, but Yor said it was. And she was, well, Yor. She could never be wrong.

Yor was about to ring the bell again, when they head a sliding bolt. The door swung inwards and a tall lanky man appeared. He was wearing a crisp white jumper, black Adidas joggers. He had russet-colored skin, a fairly well chiseled jaw and his blue dyed hair pointed in every which direction, a black dragon inked onto his left arm. He was no Zereph Etharious. No Agent Radius Rose either, from the pictures he had seen for his investigation, and boy that agent was easy on the eyes.

'Can I help you?' he asked, leaning against the door, scratching the back of his head.

Yor flashed him the most friendly smile she had ever smiled, to the point it was painful, and held up her fake ID 'Officer Scarlet, this is Officer Ethar, I'll be handling your roommate's disappearing case.'

Zereph flashed her an angry glare which spelled out "Officer ETHAR, really?"

She sue-maryly ignored it.

'Ah I see,' the guy straightened up at once, stepping aside, his arm extended as an invitation to come in 'Nice to meet you, My name is Geone.'

'Pleasure's all ours....' Zereph muttered as he followed Yor in.

Gone raised a confused eyebrow at Zereph, shutting the door and asked if they'd like a cup of tea.

'No, Than-' began Yor.

'Ya, sure.' Zerpeh said, marching into the apartment like he owned the place, feeling Yor's angry stair burn into the back of his neck as she apologized in a rushed and embarrassed tone. But she got the last laugh, treading on his foot as she passed him, causing him to wince in pain which caused Yor to glow in satisfaction. 

The living room  was a cozy and inviting space that served as the heart of the apartment and Yor knew in an instant that Gray had a say in the design of the home. The living room was suffused with natural light streaming in through large windows dressed in sheer, flowing curtains that created a sense of airiness and placed with quite little furniture, leaving a lot of room for the portraits of bract art. But the thing that turned Yor glassy eyed and tight throated again wa that the walls were painted...in scarlet. Gray's choice no doubt.