Chapter Five - Uh-oh

The three of us returned home to a very unhappy Granny. Harry and I sat down her in her office mere hours after we returned. She was finishing off some work as we waited for her to speak. Turning to Harry I slapped him around the head and returned to my normal composure.

"Ah, Aurora."

"Don't speak to your sister like that." Granny scolded and looked up from what she was doing and removed her glasses "To say I'm disappointed in you does not seem to insinuate just how much."

"Granny I am sorry. I was just letting off a little steam before...."

"I know exactly what you were doing, which is why I thought and encouraged you in the first place, it's a very serious job you are about to undertake. Which is why you being one of the boys as it was seemed like a good idea." Granny replied "What is not a good idea, is this." she took the news papers and laid it out in front of him. The Sun with a full length picture of him.

"This is bad enough, imagine what could have happened if your sister hadn't reacted fast and had both her detail take every phone that was left and erase any more. Not to mention the details of your party, from which I have been informed that you knew not many if any of these people." My eyes felt heavy as I tried to keep my self awake. Coffee or Sleep. I need one of the other preferably both with sleeping being first.

"I'm sorry Granny."

"It shouldn't be me your apologising to. Your sister was on a great track with the foreign press. Making headlines for the right reasons. Aurora you may go, well done." I stood up and curtsied

"Granny." I move around and kiss her on the cheek then leave the room being taken back to Kensington where Liam was already unconscious on the bed. slipping into joggers and a t-shirt I climbed in next to him and drifted off before I did I felt Liam wrap his arms around me.

----------

November 2012

Harry had been deployed for 20 weeks and the palace had struck a deal with the press that he would speak to them round December time in exchange for leaving him alone. Despite the fact he wasn't here everything continued on without him and his antics.

"It's mind blowing to me that we've only been married a few months" I say while trying to fasten my dress.

"Why does it feel like longer?" Liam laughed at the comment and me trying to get my dress on. "What are you doing?"

"My...dress...won't fit. That it I give up. I slip it off

"Babe, I've heard it's normal for women' weight to fluctuate, just randomly." Liam offered

"Liam, As a royal we're basically drilled in a healthy diet, plus I work out. The only time i gain any weight is at Christmas and that because of the daft old tradition weight upon arrival and departure from Sandringham, to make sure that we've actually eaten over the Christmas period. And the amount of courses it would be remiss if no one gained weight." I slipped on a non tailored dressed slipped it on, the sat down to do my shoes "Finally." I groaned and stood up swaying slightly.

"Whoa, are you okay?"he held on to me as he helped me steady myself. That was weird, that hadn't happened to me in years.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm okay." he stared at me concerned "Really." he slowly let go.

"Maybe you should rest, the showing can wait for another day. I'm sure your grandmother won't mind." I rest my hand on his chest with a small smile.

"Liam, breath I will be fine, it's just a walk around. I'm probably just dehydrated or something. Besides it's only for like a hour and half 2 hours tops. You said you needed to get some work done anyway, now you can' with no interruptions."

"But your my favourite distraction." he pouted and I laughed wrapping my arms around his neck

"And I would love to be a distraction but now is just not the right time, maybe when I come back...if your lucky." I gave him a peck on the cheek which he tried to return. "Easy the magnificent. I'm running late." I pulled away grabbing my coat and bag then heading out

"Mean!" he called

"Love you too." I laughed and closed the door behind me. James was waiting my his car with three other security detail members "Hello, everyone. You ready to head out?"

"Yes Ms Aurora." they agreed

"Oh James how's Joseph going on with the Met?" I wondered

"Entering the final process now, thank you for asking."

"Well, give him my best." James nodded as I got into the car on the drivers side and close it after me. Starting up the engine I fixed my seatbelt on and then drove out of the grounds of Kensington and to Buckingham Palace. My wedding dress was going to be put on show for when the tour started again and Granny and I were being shown not only my wedding exhibit but new things that were being put out as well. traffic wasn't that amazing so it took me a 20 minutes to come to a stop inside the grounds and exit the car. I handed my keys over and headed inside. 

"Her your highness Princess Aurora, your majesty." I enter and curtsy

"Your Majesty."

"Aurora my dear." I walk over and kiss her cheeks

"Hello, Granny. How have you been i've barely seen you." I had missed our little conversations but it has been constantly busy for the both of us since my America trip and the little conversation afterwards.

"I'm doing well, your grandfathers around her somewhere, don't forget to see him. He's been fascinated with your trip to America and wants to know all about it. He's been chattering my ear off." I giggled in amusement imagining the scene. "Are you ready?" my head went fuzzy for a moment.

"Yeah, ready." the two of us left the office and met with the curators of the exhibition. By now I had realised that at least for the next couple of years it would be difficult to balance my responsibilities with wanting a separate job, till everything had settled. We were lead through the new exhibits talking along the way. We headed into the throne room where my gown took pride of place.

"Oh Wow." I say. "It's one thing to see it on a hanging during a fitting it's completely different on display in a way as if I was wearing it again."

"Yes, thankfully your mannequin has a head, Catherine's did not. i didn't like that." she replied . i had a coy smile "It is a beautiful dress, though. When I saw the sketches it was different from those before but in fact i couldn't imagine you in anything else."

"Thank you granny." I chime and notice something from a far "You put the red rose in with the bouquet. I thought that might have been left out because it wasn't the originally part of it."

"Not at all it was a much loved sentiment that not only did you go out the night before and receive a red rose. But to then later incorporate it into the flowers." they were impressed

"I also made this public gesture that thought it was your wedding, you made them a part of it as well. One red rose was symbol to the nation."

"Alexandra, the little girl who gave it to me was so sweet. She wasn't able to come down for William and Catherine's wedding so this was her first one that she came with her family for. There was this air of extreme excitement for and I was told that they even moved closer towards Buckingham palace to get a better view." I nodded as i was relaying what i had been told. The strangest thing started to happen, the world began spinning "I was just... Whoa."

"Are you all right darling?" Granny's distorted voice

"I'm a little woozy."

"I'll get some.." darkness closed around my vision and that was the last thing i actually remember.