EP. 11

enjoy loves 🫶🏾

OMNISCIENT
WEST PALM BEACH, LOS ANGELES

"It's Truth Jackson," Zahra said at the desk, "I'm his wife, I've already paid the bond and no one is telling me what else to do,"

"You can take a seat ma'am, we're doing the paperwork," The woman responded.

"How long does it take?" Zahra snapped,

"Excuse me?" The woman at the desk squinted at Zahra,

"We have a newborn who is at home, I can't be here all day, how long does it take?" Zahra repeated,

"Ma'am —"

"Do you know what? You shut up and get me your boss, I'm not talking to you anymore," Zahra handed her purse to Ben,

"My boss isn't here," The woman blinked at her,

"Then get me someone higher than you, do you know who I am? I shouldn't be talking to you," Zahra snarled at her.

That was really out of Zahra's character but she had been sat in the holding area for hours.

Luckily she had asked Iman to watch Tahj, otherwise he would have been there too.

"There's no one else you can talk to apart from the warden, and he's gone home for the night," The woman popped her gum,

"This is fucking ridiculous," Zahra muttered getting on her phone. She decided to pull in a favor that she was saving for a rainy day.

"Hi can I speak with Governor Baker please," Zahra said into her phone. "Tell him it's Dr Ahmed," She added.

"Dr Ahmed, or should I say Dr Jackson?" The governor came onto the line,

"Hi Governor I am so sorry for calling this early," Zahra answered, "But I need that favor please?"

"Anything and I mean anything for you," He responded. "What do you need?"

"It's my husband, they have him on some drinking charge, he already has a DUI and he can't get another, he just won a championship," She explained,

"You know I would never ask but —"

"Zahra it's done," He responded. "You don't have to explain it to me, I'll make some calls,"

Zahra sighed in relief, "Andrew, thank you so much," She whispered.

"Like I said anything for you," The governor replied. "How are you? How is married life?"

"How's your wife?" She asked him, which usually got him to leave her alone.

"Touché," He laughed. "Give me a few minutes and I'll deal with it,"

"Thank you Andrew, I appreciate that," She answered.

"And you can call me whenever you need anything Zahra, I am always happy to help," He spoke before he hung up.

Zahra eyed up the woman at the desk before she took a seat again, waiting for the governor to work his magic.

"Seems like you know some people in some very high places," The woman at the desk announced. "They're bringing the champ through,"