What You Mean To Me

The day flew by. They spent the day, each one, doing their own thing. They were all still reelin back from the night before. JJ was in her room, Jensen in his home office and Chloe running around the house trying to find something to do to keep her mind busy.

As the day went by, Chloe got more and more restless. She knew that as soon as JJ would go to bed, she would have to have a certain conversation with Jensen and she was dreading it. ''What if it was just a one-night type of thing for him?'', she thought. She didn't know how the talk would go, but, either way, all their lives would change.

JJ had just gone to her room to go to sleep and Jensen was in his office. Chloe could just slip into her bedroom, easily, and avoid the talk with Jensen. ''No, it's time you face the music. No backing out.'', she thought.

She made her way to his office, knocked on the door and after hearing a very faint ''Come in'', she entered the room. Jensen was sitting at his desk, looking at something on his laptop when he raised his eyes to meet hers. It was time.

-''So, JJ just went to bed.'' – she said, nervous of what was coming.

-''Okay. So, I guess we should talk then.'' – he answered, closing his laptop and walking over to her, sitting on the couch next to her.

-''I guess we should.''

-''Do you mind if I go first?'' – he asked her.

-''Not at all.''

-''Okay, then. So, about last night. I know that I probably shouldn't have done that, that maybe I took advantage of your emotional state, but if you're expecting me to say that I regret kissing you and spending the night with you, then, I'm sorry, but I don't. I don't regret a single minute. Maybe I should have done things a little differently but what is done is done and I don't regret it. Chloe, you have no idea how much you mean to me. I would go to the ends of the Earth for you. I would do anything for you. Every time we're apart, it hurts. And seeing the way you are with JJ, the way you've always been with her, just makes me happy beyond belief. I won't lie, I'm scared of what this might mean, not just for us, but for JJ as well. I love you. And if, by any chance, you feel the same, then I promise you that I will do everything in my power to make you happy. But if you don't, I'll understand. Just don't leave. JJ would never forgive me if she would lose her mom because of me.'' – when he finished, he couldn't believe what he actually said. He wasn't planning on telling her that he loves her, but that's exactly what he did. Now he could only hope and pray that she felt the same.

-''You love me?'' - Chloe couldn't believe what she was hearing. The man she has been in love for years was now telling her that he loved her too.

-''Yes, Chloe, I love you.'' – he said with a smile, to a very shocked Chloe.

Without thinking, Chloe leaned in and kissed him. He kissed her back, not needing to hear anything from her. He knew what that kiss meant.

-''I love you too.'' – she said with a smile.

-''Thank God.'' – they both laughed.

-''You do realize that JJ is going to freak out when she finds out, right?''

-''I know. So, get ready for a lot of screams and hugs. This is something that she has wanted for years. Now, hopefully, she can finally call you mom.'' – he said smiling, making her smile as well. –''I love you, Chloe.''

-''I love you too, Jensen.'' – she answered, kissing him.

The talk went better than they both had hoped. This was a brand-new chapter in their lives. For now, they were going to enjoy their happiness.

But life isn't always fair and that's exactly what they were about to experience.