01

(1082 words)

(1082 words)

            SHE WAS ON TOP, of the weightlifting world, until she wasn't. At only seventeen years old, she competed in her first Olympics in London. And became the Youngest Female Olympic Weightlifting Gold Medalist, outlifting her competition that was only two years older than her.

And she would go on to win gold at the Rio Olympics and also the Tokyo Olympics full of emotions. At the Tokyo Olympics, she left her shoes on the mat, symbolizing that she would be leaving weightlifting. But why? She was on top, dominated in her weight class, won three gold medals, and held world records. A world champion.

But it can get lonely on top.

She's been doing this for years. Like everyone else, she was just a girl with a dream. A girl who wanted to show everyone that she could do anything she wanted if she really wanted to. But when you've trained every day for the past eleven years it's starting to become less of competing, and working towards a goal it became more of you couldn't wait for a vacation you couldn't wait for just a break. To finally breathe. For Seoyeon, it's been her versus her.

Nonstop training to win a gold. Which is why, she decided to retire from competitive weightlifting. And search of new challenges, Beok Seoyeon decided to enter into a gameshow called, Physical Hundred.

────── july 2022, physical hundred

When you first enter the space, it would remind you of a Greek Temple. There were athletes, fitness influencers, and many different people. Everyone was chatting amongst these, observing the bust sculptures. A woman with long wavy black hair and hazel brown cat-like eyes walked in. She is well built, muscular, and on the taller side for a woman at a hundred-sixty-seven centimeters. She sported a black long-sleeve compression shirt and short black athletic shorts.

She caught everyone's attention as the ones who recognized her began to clap. She grinned bowing, "Hello! Thank you!"

"Another Olympian?"

"Man, these guys are no joke."

"Beok Seoyeon is here too? No way!"

Seoyeon didn't make it far before people started coming up to her to shake her hand. She recognized some of the people around her but was surprised when she caught the smile of Skeleton Racer, Yun Sung-Bin. She was beaming when she shook his hand. "Yun Sung-Bin, it's been so long!"

"It's nice to see you again, Beok Seoyeon." Yun Sung Bin stated, looking into her eyes, they were as pretty as lotus petals just as he remembered them when they met for the first time when Seoyeon went to watch the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics four years ago.

Seoyeon found her bust and looked amazed as she joked, "Woah I really look like this?"

"You look even better in person." Yun Sung-Bin smoothly comments.

Seoyeon chuckled, hitting his arm. "Even four years later, you haven't changed."

"He isn't lying though. Ah, I'm Jang Eun-Sil, a wrestler." Jang Eun-Sil introduced, putting her hand out which Seoyeon happily accepted.

"Your one to talk, your physic is impressive, Jang Eun-Sil." Seoyeon complements, grabbing her bicep and feeling at which the two women giggle about.

After some conversation, she excused herself to introduce herself to Choo Sung-Hoo. "Excuse me? Hello, I'm Beok Seoyeon. I just wanted to say I'm a huge fan."

The middle-aged man smiled and respectively shook her hand. "Ah, Beok Seoyeon, three-time Olympian very impressive I must say. I remember watching you at the London Olympics, you work extremely hard I can respect that."

"Thank you." Seoyeon enjoyed the energy Choo Sung-Hoo had despite being too calm and collected in their conversation. He just had so much charisma to him, he was the kind of person you would look up to and respect.

────── interview

The interviewer asked, "Introduce yourself."

"Hello, I'm Beok Seoyeon, and I'm a three-time Gold Medalist and Olympic Weightlifter. In the London Olympics, I was named the Youngest Female Olympic Weightlifting Gold Medalist. I am also the current World Record holder for the Seventy-Six Kilo Weightclass in the Clean and Jerk, along with Snatch. Recently I broke my world record at the Tokyo Olympics when I cleaned and jerked, One Hundred Six Kilograms. The Tokyo Olympics was also my last weightlifting competition.

Everyone was telling me that Im crazy for retiring at my age and in perfect health but they also told me I was crazy for attempting One Hundred Thirty Nine Kilos and the London Olympics. So I don't really listen to what people have to say about me and my decisions." Seoyeon laughed.

"Are you popular on social media?"

Seoyeon hummed, "I guess you could say I'm popular, but I don't really consider myself as an influencer I think of myself more it's just like someone who enjoys documenting special moments in their life or digital album. I started a YouTube channel a couple of years ago, I have over one million subscribers. And on Instagram, I have Sixteen point Seven Million followers. All of my usernames are the same, at 'beokseoyeon'."

"Why did you join Physical Hundred?" The interviewer questioned.

"I entered Physical Hundred because I'm in search of a real challenge. And what's a better way to get that? I'm a very competitive person, hating to lose is what got me my gold medals. And I don't plan on losing either. I came here to win."

────── physical hundred, main room

A voice suddenly announced, "Welcome to Physical Hundred. Starting now you will compete against according the rules here. Your uniforms are under your torsos, please change into them now."

All contests began to change into their uniforms. Seoyeon had simple grey athletic shorts and a grey sleeveless top, while changing her eyes drifted to Yun Sung-Bon who caught her, and the sides of his lips curled up before looking away and putting on his shirt.  Seoyeon shook her head as she put her hair in a high bun.

"The games will now begin. Good luck."

NOTE
i havent seen any physical
hundred books so i decide
to make one since i really
like the show. and this book
inst going to be based solely off
of physical hundred since this
is a yun sungbin fanfic.
so just to be clear her first name
is seo-yeon and her last name is beok.
but when stating her name,
you known the last name
comes first.