ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5

Song name: The me inside of me from heathers the musical

Il Dottore pov:

'Lost her?! They lost her?! I have given them clear instructions on what to do and not to do when they bring her back and yet they still lost her?! How incompetent do you have to be for something like that to happen?!'

When I received the letter I was in clear disbelief, and now my blood was boiling, I had sent them on a mission to get me my precious back, with clear instructions on how to handle her from the food they should give her down to the way the ropes are tied and the way they talk to her- all to ensure that she is safe and content on her journey back, and yet they let her escape.

I was so excited to have her back, after realizing the errors and mistakes in the way she was treated, and the conditions she lived in, of course she wouldn't be happy in that cell all alone except for three hours a day, no, she needs better than that, so I have decided that once she is back she will be looked after by me, she will get the best treatment I can give her, I had even gotten approval to make her a room connected to mine, I had made sure to import the best furniture, softest mattress, blankets, and pillows, and nice decore.

But all of that was for nothing, since the agents I sent after her were too incompetent and she was able to escape, and I was furious.

I had decided to call a meeting with my fellow harbingers.

"Dottore, would you care to explain the reason you called for this meeting?" Pierro asked "Well, as you know, an important experiment has escaped, she wasn't trained enough to be released, and the resources I have spent on her are a lot, and one of them is one of kind, not only I can't afford, but I am simply unable to create another one like her, we need to get her back." I answered.

"Well couldn't you have dealt with it on your own? You are the second harbinger after all." Pierro asked "I have, but my subordinates alone have proven unable to, she is most sneaky, and very intelligent, I believe it takes more than just incapacitating her to get her back here."

"I see, Arlecchino, please notify the children of the house of the hearth, that way if she ever goes to Fontaine we can find her, Sandrone, you can use Katherine to spy on her if she goes to the adventurer's guild, and Pantalone, Notify the northland bank workers that if they ever see her in Liyue to report to you, as to the rest of you, if you ever find her in your missions please report about it, but please do not take any rash actions unless the situation calls for it, we believe it will only make her more alert, instead wait for further instructions, Dottore, we'll need her files to know how she looks, last but not least, our operations will continue as usual, that concludes our meeting for today."

First person pov:

I woke up early, I need to think about my next steps, I don't want to be caught again.

I can't stay here after today, since I don't have enough mora for that, thinking I wanted to go travel the areas surrounding Mondstadt, the walk will be long, but I could camp at night, and maybe if I'll be lucky I could find people to stay with.

I will need to wear a cape to conceal my appearance though, in case there are Fatui.

So I started walking on the road, after a while I saw a treasure chest, but right after opening it I saw a bunch of slimes, I probably couldn't fight all of them at once, so I grabbed the contents of the chest, and ran away.

Once I was far enough away I looked at the things I found, and the first one to catch my eye is a spear.

'A weapon, it will be helpful, but I'll need to learn how to use it.'

*Timeskip brought to you by chibi Y/n trying to use her new spear*

It was a few days later and I've already gotten close to Mondstadt, these are the areas I wanna travel right now, and I've gotten better at using my weapon, it's perfect, well except for the fact that my supplies are about to run out, and I'll need to find a way to replenish them, and I really don't wanna go into the city, maybe I can try hunting.

I continued walking on the road, as I see a big house to the side of it.

'Maybe the people there would be nice enough to let me stay with them for a few days, I don't have much food, and sleeping on the ground hasn't been the nicest to my back'

Running towards the house I knock on the door, a woman in a maid's attire opens it "Hello, is there anything you need young lady?" "I was wondering if I could stay here for a few days? I'm traveling, and my food supply has run out, and I was walking nonstop for four days" "Wait here." She said before disappearing back into the house, the door is still open though.

A few minutes later she returned with a tall red haired man with a beard "Hello, my name is Crepus, I am the owner of this place, I suppose I could let you stay for a few days, please come in." He told me, walking inside, "Adelinde will show you the room you'll be staying at, I also have two sons, I'm sure they'd like meeting you"

After settling into the room, I decided to go look around the house.

Walking into the living room I see a guy, he looked quite similar to Crepus, he did say he has two sons "Hey" I said, "Who are you? Are you a guest of dad?" "I'm a traveler, I was running low on supplies, and I was walking nonstop for four days, he let me stay here for a few days, are you his son?" "Yes, my name is Diluc, what's your name?" "My name is Y/n, would you like to hang out for a bit?" "Sure, let's go on a walk".

"So you're traveling? Where have you traveled?" "Well I'm from Snezhnaya, and I've also been to Liyue, and now I'm here." "That sounds super interesting, tell me about it!" He seemed excited to hear my stories, I told him most of what happened, except for the Fatui stuff, and he seemed really interested, soon our walk was stopped by a river, so we decided to sit by the river and talk.

Looking down I saw a calla lily, which is weird, because I know this flower's name despite never seeing it or being told it's name, and I picked it up "Here, have this" I said, handing the flower to Diluc, "Thank you" he replied, and blushed a bit.

We continued sitting there talking until we heard we heard a loud "Boo!" to be honest it made me jump a bit, looking at the person I saw another guy he had tan skin and dark blue hair, and had a smug expression on his face, "Hi Kaeya" Diluc said, he seemed unsurprised, "Dad says you should go back home, dinner is soon" So he was Crepus' other son.

We got up and started walking back to their house "So, what are you doing here?" I was about to answer when Diluc bluntly said "She's a traveler." "Geez, Diluc, let the girl talk. So you're a traveler, that seems nice." "It is fun, when I don't have to sleep on rocks" I joked, he laughed back, Diluc looked jealous for some reason.

"Are you okay Diluc?" I asked "Yeah, I'm fine" he smiled at me.

We got back and ate, dinner, then I decided to go to sleep.

'Finally, a bed again'

***

A/n: hello everyone, I'm sorry I haven't updated for a while, I've been quite busy, and dealt with some writer's block.

I'm quite busy lately, I would try to update as soon as I can, but I struggle to keep up, I'm also working on other projects, unrelated to this, so updates will probably be inconsistent, I went over this in my latest announcement, but I'll put it here in case you didn't read it, hope you can understand.

Have a nice day.

Word count: 1321