∞ 08

"Now I'm a warrior

Now I've got thicker skin

I'm a warrior

I'm stronger than I've ever been

And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in

I'm a warrior."

- Demi Lovato, Warrior.

Prescott Jr. Downey and Trevor Stone were the two rivals who fought in the most vigorous ways in the history of Prescott High. Opposing each other in everything they do, this gave that particular batch of students quite a show. But in every fight, there must be a winner and a loser. In our hearts, Prescott stays as the winner, but there was no loser. Because in our views, there will never be a loser in a fight; only the first winner, and the second winner.

♂♀

Cheers, whooping, hitting on locker doors. Bets, glares, challenge. Greg held out a hand to Andrew. "Well?"

"Any other day, Greg," Andrew said. "Any other day and I'll gladly accept your challenge, but not this time. I don't know what's gotten into you and Lucas, but I am a Prescotter. And I know what I should do."

Greg dropped his hand swiftly, so it was as if he never held it up at all. He glared at Andrew and asked, "So, that's the way you want it, then?"

Andrew shrugged. "Pretty fucking obvious," he said. "Prescotters, let's take these intruders down and show Principal Delrad what we're capable of."

In a split second, an invisible border formed between Greg's followers, and Andrew's. Knuckles were cracked; sleeves pulled up even though it wasn't hot. I moved over to Anya, to where Lucas was.

"Help me get them out of here, Paige," Lucas whispered. "I have to cover here."

I nodded, at the same time when Andrew yelled, "NOW!!"

Entering Prescott High, there were always sides to take, I suppose. Even during Prescott's year then, you had to choose between Prescott and Trevor, who was Greg's elder brother. Of course, Trevor became unheard of after a particularly remarkable incident involving Prescott a few years ago.

During normal times, it was almost impossible to tell between Greg and Andrew's followers. At that instance, however, it was more than clear. Andrew's followers were surrounding Anya and her friends, threatening to take them down, whereas Greg's were on a defence.

"Come with me!" I ordered, and they followed. Well, most of them managed to, anyway.

"Let go of me!" Jade yelled. I looked towards them and saw that Will had gotten her wrist in a grip tight lock. I wanted to help her but from my peripheral view, I saw Lance in position for a jab at me.

I ducked just in time and swung a punch at him. I was aiming for his nose and I missed, but not quite. My fist hit the right side of his cheek and his earlobe. He yelped in pain and spontaneously, he raised his hand and rubbed the side of his cheek.

I glanced towards Jade and saw Troy defending her. He knew karate, judging by the sharp blows and kicks he gave Will. Another one of Anya's male friends was helping Troy as well, attacking Will from behind.

Lance lashed out at me again and before I could react, a fist stopped him midair. Lucas gave him an apologetic shrug, as if to say, "sorry" for what was going to come next. He jabbed at Lance and gave him a double punch on the stomach. The force of the punch left Lance yelling in pain, louder this time and he collapsed to the ground.

"Come on," I gestured for Anya and her friends to follow me.

"But, Troy and Kian..."

"Lucas will help them," I assured her and they trailed after me, running down the hallway, across the school hall and towards the main gate.