Pranky Love 24 - Dominic

So sorry for the long wait! I can't upload as fast as I used to be since lately I'm pretty busy. However, I will keep trying to find a time to write! Thank you for keep supporting me! I love you all, guys!

Here we go, the next chapter of Pranky Love. I hope that you love this chapter! :)

***

Pranky Love 24 – Dominic

The meeting was held only in a short time. We already knew the enemy pack’s plans; therefore it was easy to divide the jobs between us, besides, we didn’t have many times left until their first attack came. I already doubled the defense and told everyone to prepare themselves from the attack.

We didn’t want the enemies to know that we had already known their plan; I was afraid he would suspect Libby and I didn’t want that to happen. It was unheard of for a human to have such a great connection with wolf – even with her own mate. This should become our advantage.

After everyone was dismissed, I sat down and sighed heavily. I could feel my mom’s hand touching me softly. “She will be okay, you know?”

“How do you know that, Mom?”

“I know and I believe in her. She’s strong, Dom. I know that you know it too. You can feel it in your heart, right? You can communicate with her and she survives until now. You will find each other, so pull yourself together!” Mom said the last part sternly.

“How do you know that I’m in the verge of breaking down?” I asked her softly. I knew that I seemed fine, and in a way, hearing her voice was rally helpful. However, inside me, I felt like I was going to break into pieces and this was a new emotion for me.

“Your father and I had felt it before too. What you feel was actually the effect for not having your mate with you, but I know you are strong and can deal with it. You will get past this, okay?”

I nodded softly. “Can this feeling get any worse?”

Mom answered me hesitantly, “Yes. The longer you are away from your mate. Luckily, you can still hear your voice. It helps a bit.”

I grinned at her, “I know. It’s like when I hear her voice, suddenly I feel that everything is going to be alright for awhile!”

“That’s the power of mate bond,” Mom explained.

I remembered what she said before and decided to ask her, “Mom, what do you mean you and dad had felt this feeling before? Did something happen? I don’t recall any memories without the two of you, was it before you have me?”

Mom just smiled at me, “This will be a story for another time, Dom. You have enough to worry about for now.” It seemed like she didn’t want me to know or was that just my imagination?

Due to my stubbornness and curiosity, I kept pestering her, “Promise me that you will tell me?”

She seemed a bit hesitant, but finally answering me, “I will.”

Before I said another thing to her, one of my pack members told me that the rogues had arrived through our pack mind-link. I quickly turned serious. “I need to go, Mom!” I got up and kissed her right cheek softly.

“Be careful, Dom.” She said worriedly.

“I will.” I tried to lighten her mood by saying, “I still want to see Libby pranking you and Dad!”

True enough! She laughed at that. I winked at her and quickly ran outside. When my legs touched the outside ground, I changed into my wolf in a heartbeat. It was show time!