Chapter six

Juicelynn couldn't help but glare at the dress Ophelia wore.

The young woman of the residence wore an eminence purple dress with bright lilac as its accent. She paired it with golden jewelry and vesuvianite gemstones. I want jewelry with those gemstones, too. Juicelynn found herself thinking bitterly. They would look on her so much better.

Ophelia's chestnut hair was loose and straight. A braid on the side of her hair. A charm dangling from the braid.

Alora appeared at the end of the stairs Juicelynn's was walking on.

The other woman was wearing a silver and white dress. She wasn't afraid to show off her big bossom. She wore it like an accessory.

Juicelynn looked at hers, they were a bit smaller than Alora's.

Alora only wore a necklace and a bracelet, both made out of silver and white diamonds.

Her hair was loose and pulled back, making it seem like she had just emerged from the water.

"Hello, Juicy!" Alora greeted Juicelynn whose eye immediately twitched in annoyance.

Her forehead creased, and her smile slipped in an instantZ

Juicelynn's memory went to Freda—how he called her shortened version of her name whenever he came on her.
When he wanted something from her or simply addressed her.
She didn't want to think about it! She never wanted to hear that name ever again! She was a different person now.

"My name is not Juicy!" Juicelynn's voice was heavy.

"Never call me Juicy again!" The young woman drew her lips back in a snarl, not noticing how both women retracted their steps, leaning away from Juicelynn. They were a bit taken aback by her sudden behavior.

"...Okay.." Alora slowly spoke, as if not to spook the already angry woman. "I won't ever call you by that name again.."

The tension in Juicelynn's face cleared. She immediately cleared her throat. She had felt a bit embarrassed, reacting like that to a nickname of hers. But she couldn't control it.
That name called a lot of trauma back.

A maid walked up to the three young women. "I have a message from Sir Calix," she mentioned. It made the women perk their ears up.

"Sir Calix will be attending the banquet late as there seem to be issues with the border."

"I'm sorry to hear," Ophelia turned to Juicelynn. "Please forgive my brother for not being able to escort you to the banquet."

The younger sister pulled a face. She genuinely felt sad for Juicelynn who had only one interaction with her brother. And it wasn't even a good one.

The young women rode in the carriage together. It didn't take long for them to arrive at the Palace of Wisteria.

As soon as she stepped out, Juicelynn's eyes darted everywhere, taking everything in.

It was definitely different from the South. In the south, they adorned everything they could in warm colors.
She noticed the North took pride in its colder and darker colors. Nonetheless, it was still beautiful.

It didn't take long before the three young women were surrounded by other noble women. Well.. two.. Juicelynn's fell to the side, just in time to catch herself. She clicked her tongue, annoyance washing over her body. Even with the high heels she wore, she was smaller than the rest of the women from Wisteria.

"Oh my, that's the pope's daughter!" A man called out, immediately grabbing Juicelynn's hands. He puckered his lips, leaving a wet kiss on the young woman's hand who's smile quickly turned into a grimace.