𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Chapter twenty eight

Apologies

It was a rush. People running to the field as James landed on the floor with a thud so loud she could hear it from where she was sat in the stands.

"James." She whispered as she felt worry instantly overtake her, it's like she wasn't in control of her own body as she ran, pushing everyone out of her way, determined to make it to him.

"Fucking move you dumbass!" She yelled as people blocked her way, them instantly moving when they heard her voice.

"Rem?" She said as she saw the boy follow his friends aimlessly as she caught up with him, "is, he okay?" She asked breathlessly with worry clear in her voice.

"I don't know." He said as he wiped a hand over his face, "I'm gonna go with him you coming?" He asked, actually worried if she was going to say yes but she didn't hesitate to nod as multiple yes's spills from, her mouth.

𑁍

It was hours later, nigh had fallen and Remus, Sirius and Peter had long gone to bed as James lay unconscious with a head injury, but Monroe never once left his side, scared that something would happen the moment she turned away.

So, she sat beside him, his hand in hers as she sat in the tracksuit Alex had brought her as she traced circles of his knuckles absentmindedly.

It was around two in the morning when she noticed his eye flicker open and he horned softly, making her sit up straight in her seat.

"Monnie?" He said confused, his voice groggy as he looked at her through squinted eyes.

She nodded as she brushed the hair away from his forehead as he slowed lightly and leant his head into her hand, "I'm so fucking sorry, love." James said, but Monroe just shook her head.

"Not right now, Love we can do this later, you just need to relax while I go get Madam-," James cut her off with a shake of his head, "No, we can do that in the morning. Can you lay with me? Please?"

She looked at him with sadness, "James I'm here to see if your okay, this isn't us getting back together."

"I know," he said sadly, "but please, just for now." He said, his voice holding a lot of hope. She hesitated for a second before carefully climbing in next to him a resting her head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her tightly and nestled his face into her hair.

"I'm going to get you back my love," he said with determination, "no matter how long it takes, or what I have to do. I'm going to get you back."

Monroe just wrapped her arms tighter around him, enjoying the moment for as long as she would allow herself too.

𑁍

A couple hours later Monroe was fast asleep, cuddling close to James as she steadily breathed in and out.

He watched her with so much adoration as he placed a gentle kiss to the crown of her head and muttered, "I love you so fucking much."

Me 🤝 short ass chapters