Chapter 13

Kendrick's p.o.v

"So word around there's a new nigga in town, and he's supposedly coming for our heads." Brandon explained to me.

"Real shit? Who is this nigga?" I questioned him.
"I heard he from Louisiana. Around 25-26 years old, just moved down here this year. Only thing I don't know is his name." Brandon said

"So you mean to tell me you know this nigga whole life story, but you don't know his name?" Ky asked causing me to chuckle.

"Alright. I'll hit up Don and have him find out some more on this mystery nigga . I'll hit yall up & let yall know what he find out. I'll fuck with yall later, I gotta pick up my lil sister." Ky told us standing up coming to dap us all up.

That reminded me of the party I was throwing for my boy Davon. "Aye nigga, tomorrow we rented out the water park for Davon's birthday party bring your sister and the family." I told him

"What time?" He asked

"We gonna be there for 9:30 to get everything ready, all yall niggas better be there at that time to help us set up. It's a big ass water park rented out just for us. Them bitches refused to decorate it so we have to do it on our own." I told them.

"Aight. We'll be there." Ky said leaving.

Brandon and Kaleb agreed to meet us there tomorrow too, then they headed out. I never got the chance to run this down to Makyrah yet. So I grabbed my keys and locked up the trap before heading home.

I arrived home to see Makyrah cooking something in the kitchen. She had it smelling good like a mf in here. Since the day she went job hunting, she just been happy and bubbly. I was surprised, I thought she hated my ass. She been all nice to me lately, Ima have to ask her what got her happy ass so damn happy.

"What you cooking? You got it smelling good in here." I asked her walking up giving her a hug.

"Steak and mashed potatoes. It's almost done, you should go get ready for dinner." She told me after pulling back from our hug

"Yeah. But I wanted to talk to you about a few things first." I told her

"Okay I'm listening." She said grabbing a bottle of water and sitting on the island

"Well first off, I rented the water park out for all day tomorrow to celebrate Davon's birthday. I invited the boys and their families. You can invite whoever you want & I'll have to get Davon to call up his people." I explained as she looked at me wide eyed

"Oh my god. Thank you Kendrick. That was really nice of you. Davon hasn't really had a real birthday party. That was really thoughtful of you." She told me sincerely

"It's no problem ma. You know yall grew on me and I would give yall my last." I told her with that same sincerity.

She smiled at me, "Now go get ready for dinner big head." She told me laughing.

"I'm about to. I just got one more question." I told her smirking.

"And what's that?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Why in the hell have you been so happy lately. You just been so cheesy and bubbly. You been nice and always ke-ke-keeing." I said, "so spill the tea!" I said in my ratchet voice.

"Don't ever talk like that again." She said laughing. "But, I'm just a happy person Kendrick. Although, I did make a new friend. His name is Doug. I think you should meet him. Matter of fact, I'll invite him tomorrow." She began rambling on and on.

I looked at her as she rambled like she had two heads. I guess she caught my gaze because she stopped and looked at me. "What's wrong, did I say something wrong?" She asked.