Chapter 12

2 months later
Makyrah's POV
It's been two months since the incident with Kendrick. In those two months a lot of things have changed. There is really no longer any clowning or anything going on anymore. Every morning it's the same routine. Get up, get dressed, go to school, come home, eat dinner, then bed. Kendrick is barely there, gone when we wake up and coming home at 8.

Since today is Saturday I'm gonna go looking for a job so I can save up to rent an apartment and have money to pay for more things for me and Davon.

I checked the time on my phone to see that it was 10:39, time to get my day started. I hoped out of the bed and went to my closet and pulled out a pair of red skinny legged pants with a white flowy shirt. I went to the bathroom and began to run a bath. As I just finished undressing, I realized the bottle of body wash in the bathroom was empty. I wrapped a big towel around my body and went back to the room to get another one. I walked into the room towards the dresser, as I turned around and began to walk back with my head down, felt like I ran into a brick wall! I hit the ground with a thump and my towel fell at the same rate as me. I looked up to see a highly amused Kendrick. I was red in the face with embarrassment. I quickly wrapped my towel back around me and ran back to the bathroom.

I soaked in the tub for an hour straight nervous to come out and face Kendrick and to sit and think about how much my life as changed in the past couple of months. I missed my father so much words couldn't even express it. And as much as my mother beat me and out me down, I missed her too. I missed the loving and caring mother I once knew. I missed having someone love me more than I loved myself. I missed having someone run their fingers through my hair as I cried and telling me that everything would be okay. I missed being normal. But, I can't sit here and pitty myself forever, I've did enough of that. I have someone that loves me, my little brother. And I love myself also. That's all that matters.

Kendrick's POV

Damn. Was all I could say. Lil momma was blessed. I shook my head and laughed at my own thoughts about what had just happened in the room.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen to find me something to eat. A nigga was hungry! As I looked through the freezer, I heard someone walk into the kitchen. I pulled out the leftover spaghetti from last night and looked up to see Davon.

"Wassup lil man?" I asked. He replied with a head nod. "What's been up with you?" I asked him. "Nothing really. My birthday is coming up." He said with a smile on his face. "Oh yeah? What you wanna do for your day?" I asked him. "I don't know, every other year Makyrah just cooks my favorite meal and bakes me a cake." He replied as I nodded my head. "This year we gonna turn up." I told him as we both laughed.

Me and Davon talked in the kitchen as we ate for a while before Makyrah walked in.

"Hey Kendrick do you mind if Davon stays here with you for a while so I can go out and handle some business?" Makyrah asked.

I was surprised as hell that she asked me, because for the past few months the speaking was at an all time minimum.

"Yeah, that's cool. I wasn't doing anything." I told her.

"Thank you, I'll only be gone for a few hours." She replied. "You need my car?" I asked her. "No it's cool, I'll take the bus." She said. I looked at her crazy. "Why would you take the bus when I have a garage full of cars outside?" I questioned her. "Take the Audi, it's the key with the red keychain." I told her. "Thanks." She mumbled walking out as I shook my head.

Makyrah's POV

I backed out of the driveway and began on my job hunt. I seen an add online for a office building looking for a receptionist. The requirements were reliable transportation and an age of 18.

I entered the address into the gps in the car and drove in that direction. As I pulled up at the red light, there was a nice ass white on white bmw next to me. I could hear the music booming from the car. I decided to take a look at the driver. When I seen him my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I had a clear view because his window was down. That man was the definition of fine. Although he wasn't finer than Kendrick, he was some real tight competition. He was light skinned with some beautiful green eyes. I guess he caught my stare Because he looked at me. We were both just staring at each other until cars began to horn at us because the light had turned green. He winked and smiled as I pulled off. I noticed he got into the lane behind me and followed me all the way to the office building.

As I pulled into the parking lot, he pulled into the parking space right beside Kendrick's car. He rolled down his window and waved his hand so I could roll down mine.

"I know you felt that chemistry that I felt back there." He said with a smirk. Which made me laugh.

"Chemistry? Yeah okay." I replied laughing.

"Girl, don't act like you wasn't drooling for a nigga at the light." He said.

"If I could recall, you was the one staring." I replied with that same smirk.

"You something to stare at ma." He said looking me dead in my eyes.

"Thank you." I blushed picking up my window and getting out of the car. I looked to see the boy doing the same.

"What's your name ma?" He asked walking up to me.

"Makyrah. You?" I asked .

"Doug, but you can call me daddy." He said with a smirk.

I laughed and smacked his arm. "I'll go with Doug." I said as he laughed.

"That's fine, Ms. Makyrah." He said winking. We walked into the building. "I can't help but to ask, but are you following me Mr. Doug?" I asked smiling.

"I ain't mean to. But I just couldn't let you get away. I had to get your number since I seen you at that light." He said laughing.

I thought about it for a while. Hey, why not? A new friend would be nice right now. "Aw Mr. Doug want my number?" I smirked as he laughed. "Hand me your phone." I told him.

He handed me his phone and I entered my number. "Okay ms. Makyrah, I'll hit you up." He said.

"Okay Doug." I said smiling. "Bye."

"Bye beautiful." He said smiling, walking away.

I couldn't help but to stare as he walked away. That boy was fine! Anyways, I walked up to the desk and the woman looked up to me.

"Hi, how may I help you?" She asked smiling.

"Hello, I'm here to fill out an application for the receptionist position." I replied with a smile.

"Okay, fill this out please." She said handing me a clipboard and a pen.

After I filled out all of the forms I walked back up to the desk and handed the lady the papers. She told me that I should receive a phone call within the next week to schedule an interview.

After I left there I stopped at a local boutique and a few other clothing stores to fill out applications. I checked the time and it was already 4:52. Time flew by. I decided to pick up food for me, Davon, and Kendrick and headed home.

When I got home we all ate and I chilled and watched tv with Davon for a few hours. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower for bed. Right when I was about to step in my phone vibrated indicating that I had a text. I checked my phone and it read

Wassup beautiful?

I already knew it was Doug and I couldn't help the smile on my face. This is gonna be the start of something nice.

Sorry for the wait yall... Vote and comment please .