Forbidden

The sounds of chirping birds wakes Zelda the next morning. She throws off the blanket, feeling extremely warm. Outside, the snow has long since melted, leaving only a few small piles of snow scattered around the forest. If someone were to see the outside, they probably wouldn't have thought there had been a full blown out blizzard just a few hours before.

Next to her, Link still sleeps soundly. Zelda stares at him and studies him. He was a very attractive man, she notices. His face was perfectly sculpted, all of his features were perfectly aligned. His hair was in complete disarray, sticking out at random odd angles. She felt a strange urge to reach out and stroke his hair. It looked so soft and touchable...

Suddenly, Link's eyes snap open. His azure blue eyes were like a deep ocean. They seemed so sharp and intense from a glance, but if you stared deep enough, you would get lost in the depths of the calm of the ocean.

They stare into one another's eyes for a moments. Zelda feels a bit nervous, and butterflies flutter lightly within her stomach. She hadn't noticed until now how attractive he was. His was leanly muscular, results probably from working in the fields at his village. His arm muscles were nicely toned. He had a light tan, making his dirty blonde hair more noticeable. He was probably 5'9 or 5'10, she guessed.

As she continues to stare, sizing him up, she realizes she is staring, and probably making it awkward. She looks down upon the cave floor, avoiding his gaze. When she looks back up shyly, he is still staring intently at her, as if he has something to say.

More time passes of complete silence, unless you count the light whispers of the breeze gently tousling the trees.

"We... should probably get going. I have something to attend to tomorrow in Hyrule City and I don't want to be late..." He says.

I also have something to do tomorrow... The first day of The Selection... Ugh, how am I going to deal with this? But, I should probably head back. Father must be hectic to have me missing when its so close to The Selection.

"It'd be easier for us to travel together since we're both going to the same place. You don't mind, right?" She looks down at her toes, feeling awkward.

He smiles kindly at her. "I'd be honored to go with you, 'milady." Link gets down upon 1 knee, snickering.

"Stop that!" Zelda giggles playfully, and decides to play along. She offers him her hand. "You should be grateful I am willing to grace you with my company." She says snidely, holding back a grin.

Link unexpectedly kisses her hand, and looks deep into her eyes. "Simply being in your company is more than enough." He smirks.

They both go into a fit of laughter.

"Anyways, we should get going." Link manages to say after they finally stopped laughing.

She nods, and together, they leave the cave, and head off towards the city.

~~~ Hours Later ~~~