Mining Mayhem

Ch 6: Working together in harmony?

After going through the Dark Mirror, everyone arrived at the Dwarfs Mine. 

"Woah, this place feels a lot like the Everfree Forest back in Equestria," Spike noted

"You're right Spike, but let's hope that it's not as dangerous," Starlight said

"So this is the Dwarfs' Mine..." Deuce began, "Long ago, this mine was flush with magestones."

"Hopefully, the mine still has at least one of those magestones left," Twilight said.

"Or it could have multiple hidden gems within itself, I for one would love to have a look at those magestones myself," Rarity said with a sparkle in her eyes. 

"Focus Rare," Applejack deadpanned "Remember, we're here to help Deuce from getting expelled."

"And you're also here to save me from expulsion too." Ace chimed in.

Rainbow Dash smacked Ace upside his head for what he said. "No, we're here to help Deuce, you are one of the reasons we're in this mess." 

"Yeah, and you still haven't said sorry for all the mean things you said about us too!" Pinkie Pie snapped while glaring at Ace."

Before an argument could break out, Fluttershy (Who was holding Grim in her arms because he can't be trusted to be by himself) stepped in between Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Ace trying to keep the peace. "Girls, please. I understand you're still hurt about what Ace said and did, but I don't think starting a fight now is a good idea."

Ace smirked "Yeah, what she said."

Rainbow nearly jumped at Ace but Fluttershy held out an arm and stopped her.

"Sheesh Fluttershy, you're too soft on that guy. You guys should just beat him up already," Grim complained.

"Oh shut it fur ball. It's not like you're any better. If you didn't run away none of this would happened."

" Same to you explodey head."

"Why you-"

"Hey, guys we here!" Deuce shouted as everyone arrived at the Dwarfs Mine.

The Mine was a dark and hollowed-out cave that emitted an eerie vibe, causing even the most level-headed of the group to hesitate before entering. However, to obtain the magestone, they had to take the plunge and enter the mine.

"Wow, so this is the Dwarf's Mine?"

"It looks so much scarier than I thought." Spike shivered 

"Yeah, do we really have to go in there?" Grim asked looking terrified "It's pitch black in there."

"Aww, what's the matter Furball? You scared of the dark or something?" 

"Myah?! Shut up expoledy head." Grim said as he tried to jump at Ace but Fluttershy kept a tight grip on Grim and turned away from Ace. Applejack and Twilight immediately stepped in, to prevent another fight.

"Alright you two, that's enough! We're already in this mess because of y'alls fighting, and we don't need you two bickering when we're trying to find that crystal!"

"Plus we are here next to the woods at night I might add. So who knows what's in there?"

Both males gave a loud Hmp, as they crossed their arms.

"Well, I'm not scared of anything! I'm taking the lead. Follow me!" Grim said as he attempted and failed to break free of Fluttershy's grip. 

Twilight and Starlight lit up their horns as everyone went past Grim and Fluttershy and entered the mine. Inside the walls were mostly filled with stones with no magic. The group looked around and found a few functional lanterns on the floor, they lit them and continued down the mine. When they got farther Rarity stepped in front.