tough decisions, tough consequences

I was torn, Ranboo was gone. If I went searching for them I would likely never find them. They need help but I don't know if I can give it to them intime. On the other hand if I leave for the city I wouldn't have to keep stopping for them and I wouldn't need to share the rations or water. I would feel guilty for the rest of my life if I left them behind. If I try to save them. I might not come back. It isn't too difficult to piece together that someone has taken Ranboo, They wouldn't be able to leave on their own, let alone without making any noise. Someone must have taken them and in the process left my jacket behind. There's even tiny spots of blood and faint footprints where someone walked away and drag lines where someone was dragged across the floor. I could follow them to where my friend was but they could kill me in the process, they might of even already killed Ranboo. I see smoke in the distance though. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Where there's fire there's people.

Should I stay or should I go.

(if you choose to save Ranboo go to the chapter "Save them")

(If you choose to find the city go to the chapter "Sacrifices must be made")