Saving the sick and abandoned

I wore the duffle bag like a backpack and held Ranboo in my arms when I began running. The guards had been re-activated and were chasing after us. I was nearing the exit when they started closing in. One grabbed my shoulder and pulled me backwards before trying to take Ranboo. I held onto him tight and kicked the guard away.

I was about to run again when the guard grabbed my ankle pulling me down. I wiggled free but as I looked up I saw guards walking away with Ranboo in their arms.

In a panicked state I grabbed a gun from the duffle bag and shot them down. I ran past sweeping Ranboo into my arms and got to the exit. I shut the glass and climbed through.

After that I ran as fast as humanly possible, Ranboo was pale and so light it made me shiver. Despite this he was slowly coming into consciousness, their eyes open but dazed.

I grew tired quickly and settled for a quick jog satisfied that I'd lost the guards. Dark washer over the skies as the light faded. I saw an abandoned building and decided to settle there for the night.

It was in great condition with two working stories. There was even a small library and a bedroom . This looks to be someone's house. I laid Ranboo down on the bed and let them rest. I meanwhile went for a search around the place too see if there was anything that could help us home. A map, compass, a phone, anything.

I ventured into the library to find a load of books stacked on a table. They were cryptography and puzzle books. There was a few that caught my eye though, fantasy books it looks like. Gravity falls, The owl house, miraculous ladybug, The hollow. The weird thing about the holllow one was that it was wide open on a page about the grim reaper making cinnamon buns and ice tea. That's wacky I thought to myself. There's also sand all over this book. It's on the floor too, who leaves a perfectly good book on the floor.

*cough* *cough* *cough*

Ranboo!

I rushed back to the bed to see him coughing up blood. I panicked thinking it was internal bleeding but luckily it was a nosebleed where the blood had fallen down him neck. They had me worried there for a second. You kno-

"Who the hell are you?!"

"I would ask you the same question seeing as your in my house but-"