Nicolas Flamel And Norbert The Dragon

Some time had elapsed since Harry, Seth, and Ron had visited the Mirror of Erised, and they had made sure to inform Hermione about it-well, not completely everything from Seth's view. The only person who knew what Seth had seen that night in the mirror was Orion. The boy was still conflicted about what he had seen, but he tried to push it away and act normal as possible. Above all, he was determined not to jeopardize his friendship with Hermione.

At the present moment, spring has arrived, bringing along the first-year exams. Hermione, Seth, and Harry are engrossed in their studies, while Ron is occupied with his collection of chocolate cards.

"Look at you, playing with your cards." Hermione said. "Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon."

"I'm ready." Ron said confidently. "Ask me any question."

"Alright, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" Hermione asked.

Ron thought for a few moments before replying, "I forgot."

Seth and Harry found his reply amusing, sharing a chuckle, while Hermione responded with a scoff.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?" Hermione asked.

"Copy off you?"

"No, you won't." Hermione said firmly. "Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell."

"That's insulting!" Ron protested. "It's as if they don't trust us!" He checked his a card again to find that it's just the same as the others, making him irritated. "Dumbledore again!"

At that moment, Neville Longbottom entered the Great Hall, his legs tightly bound together, while his fellow students erupted in laughter.

"Leg-Locker Curse?" Ron asked as Neville nodded.

"Malfoy." Harry muttered.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville." Ron said.

"How?" Neville said, wobbling uncontrollably. "I can barely stand at all!"

"I'll do the countercurse!" Seamus shouted as he stood up from his seat and got his wand ready.

"No, that's all I need! You to set my bloody kneecaps on fire!" Neville shouted back.

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom." Seamus said angrily as he slammed his wand down. "Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!"

He then stalks off angrily, showing a large chunk of hair missing from the back of his head.

"I'll do the counter-curse Neville." Seth said as he got up.

He took out his wand, directing it towards Neville's legs. Uttering the incantation swiftly, Neville's legs obediently separated, granting him the freedom to move them as he pleased.

"Thank you, Seth!" Neville said as he ran off.

Seth smiled as he returned to his seat next to Hermione. He was ready to resume his studying when his eyes landed on Ron's chocolate card featuring Dumbledore. In that moment, Seth recalled where he had previously encountered the name Nicolas Flamel.

"I know who he is." Seth said.

"What?" Hermione asked.

"I know who he is! Nicolas Flamel." Seth explained. "Dumbeldore and Nicolas Flamel were great friends, they were partners and worked on alchemy together."

After hearing Seth's explanation, Hermione's face lit up with excitement.

"Follow me!" Hermione exclaimed as the three boys quickly followed her.