[13]

I really owe you guys a chapter. Please read the author's note at the end PLEASE

+

[Melody]

+

I was walking in circles. The room hardly had any space to walk in, and that awful red stain on the floor was beginning to bug me out. Lydia was too busy trying to hear sounds in the retro record player to realize that it wasn't working.

Malia and Kira were sitting down near us, just staring at the strawberry-blonde girl try to decipher the code.

Kira and Malia had finally decided to stop Lydia's torture by stopping the record player. I was too busy practically yanking my hair out from the overwhelming sounds of someone splashing water.

Never had I ever imagined that the time when we couldn't figure something out to save lives would be now.

+

There's always a feeling of emptiness left behind when you lose someone, but lately, I've been feeling like the voices are bouncing off and driving me crazy, mocking me, blaming me for Allison's death.

That's why I was here now. That's why I was with Derek.

"You need to learn to control your emotions, Melody.'

I practically growled as he pinned me to the floor of his loft, "In case you haven't noticed, I'm clairvoyant, not a werewolf."

I was clawing at him, trying to get him off of me, but with his strength and his weight, I couldn't get him off of me.

"Yeah, well, in case you haven't noticed, I've been holding you down for about ten minutes. If you want to gain the upper hand, concentrate, and use your emotions to guide you," he told me.

Unlike Derek, I had only just discovered my supernatural "gifts", and had no idea how to use them. Unlike Derek, I couldn't turn on my powers and use when whenever I pleased. That was why Lydia was having such a hard time trying to figure out the second key.

Unlike my brother, and Derek, and Malia, I couldn't control my emotions, because my clairvoyance seems to intensify them without my knowing.

I was clueless as to how to control the burden people call a gift and that made me both upset and angry.

I escaped Derek's grasp, and we were back at where we began when we first got here.

"That wasn't too hard, was it?" he asked.

I groaned, and rubbed my arm where Derek was holding me before.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you here, getting your ass handed to you, rather than at your boyfriend's lacrosse game?"

I sighed, "I don't know. Scott told me not to go. He said it was dangerous, that the assassin was on the team, and something bad was going to happen, but Stiles, I don't know. We haven't really been talking lately. Things have been different since we came back from Mexico," I said.

Derek crossed his arms, "Well, are you going to risk your life at the game, or are you going to get prepared for another fight we both know is coming up soon."

+

Derek helped me train for the next two hours before the game started. The majority of that time was spent with me hitting a bowl of water with my palm until Derek told me to refill it again. It wasn't until I got tired of doing nothing, hit the table and it made a small dent I didn't mean to make, that Derek finally let me stop.

"How did I do that?" I asked.

"You were building up hand endurance with that water exercise. It wasn't just to make you look like an idiot, you know," he chuckled. Derek slide two throwing stars on the table in front of us, and nudged me, "Throw them at me."