Chapter 5 - reunited

I woke up gasping, I roll onto my side coughing up all the water, it's an awful feeling

I woke up gasping, I roll onto my side coughing up all the water, it's an awful feeling. Once I finished coughing I rolled back onto my back. I groaned.

"Are u alright." A voice said from behind me.

"No obviously not I just coughed my guts up and I." I stopped, I opened my eyes which revealed big blue ones. I screamed. I quickly shuffled away from him. I moved to the very back of what seems like a cave? Maybe a tunnel I'm not too sure. I pulled my knees up to my chest ignoring the pain I am feeling from my side.
"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" I shout. He looks at me and laughs.

"your okay stop shouting." He says in a calm voice. I take in his figure. He has brown slight curly hair, sora shirt hair it flows sorta like a surfer. Tan skin, blue eyes, he has a golden shell necklace from his neck and shorts that look a bit to tight for him, Board shoulders, muscly arms and legs, oh and Abs, don't get me wrong he is good looking.

"Hello?? Are you there stop staring at me and speak." He tilted his head looking at me.

"Sorry.." I looked at the ground. "But you didn't answer my question!!" I snapped back looking at him. He rolled his eyes.

"My names ryder." I raised a brow. He does look somewhat familiar I just can't work out how. "And you? Miss I love yelling and staring." I roll my eyes.

"I'm Sophie, it's nice meeting you too." I said with sarcasm. This time he's staring at me in silence.

She's beautiful, long brown wavy hair, tan skin with freckles on her nose and cheeks

She's beautiful, long brown wavy hair, tan skin with freckles on her nose and cheeks. Big doe brown eyes. Pink lips. Clothes that have been torn up, I shake my head looking away. After a few seconds I look at her face. Shes terrified. "Are you okay." I say she looks at me. Her eyes fill with tears. Oh no. She's a cryer. I don't know how to deal with this type of stuff. She sniffles tears streaming down her face. Where did this come from she was all talkative and mean before. But Why do I feel bad. She buried her head into her knees. I sigh. "Hey..it's alright, your alright." I shuffle closer.

"Please don't come near me I don't know you." She says her voice breaking in between. I get the message and move backwards to the other half of the cave I rest my back on the wall. I sigh.

"How did you even get in here we are in the middle of the ocean sorta." She sniffles breaking the silence . Shit. I didn't think of that. She cannot know what I am she will hate me. I get an idea.

"I was on the ship that went down." I say. She looks up at me face red from crying.

"You we're on my ship, the one taking me to England? Are u from comino?" She asks. Something about that place rings a bell. Comino where do I know that from. I look at her. My eyes light up, it hits me. How could I be so stupid. It's her! My Sophie. My best friend from when I lived on land. I can't believe I've found her again. I smile.

"Yea I am, and yes I was I was just a deck hand." I nodded too her. She seems more happier now. She wiped her eyes.

"How did we get in here then how did I get in here."
Fuck I didn't think of this one either, does she have to ask so many questions.

"Well when I was swimming away from the ship I saw you, grabbed u and swam far away. I saw these cave and picked one and swam into it, the cave entrance is half out of the water thankfully because I nearly drowned getting in here." I grumbled. That sounds believable right? Yea it does. She just stared at me for a while.

"Thank you for saving me." She said burring her head again. We sat in comfortable silence for a while. I just watched her. She had her hand holding her side where the seaweed is. It's bothering her I know it. I sigh.

"Are your wounds okay?" I ask her. She shakes her head.
"They hurt like shit, I think I'm bleeding through the seaweed, how did it get there by the way." I frown, stupid savage tifin.

"I swam down to the bottom of the cave and got some seaweed for your wound, I'll get you some more." I nod too her. Her head snaps up.

"NO DONT GO IN THE WATER." she quickly yells at me before I even get up. I raise a brow at her.

"Why not what's wrong." She looked scared. More then when she woke up, poor thing she's going to give herself a heart attack.

"There's things in the waters, demons, mutated ugly fish, blood thirsty fuckers!." She stated very passionately. Exactly why she will never know what I am. She would never go near me again. "Those things are the reason the ship went down, one grabbed me and did this!" She pointed to her wounds. I feel terrible. She was never supposed to be involved in my kind or any of this, she wasn't supposed to be there she was meant to be at home living her life. That's why I knew I had to leave, now she's here and it's my fault. "They are awful things, whatever they are!!" She finishes her rant. After that little speech she is never knowing who I am. I sigh.

"Yes I know they did that to the ship I saw I was there, but they aren't in here so it's okay, I'll get some then come back up and if I don't then I guess I'm dead." With that I turn off of the wall and flop on my back into the water. It's so peaceful the water, it feels so strange being out of it, even tho it's just a really big tunnel. It still feels great, if only I had my tail. As I reach the bottom I grab tons of seaweed. I hope it's working she can get sick from tifin scratches if they are too deep. I'll try and get her in the water soon, salt waters good for wounds.

As I swim back up I fake a gasp for air making it seem believable. I look at her, she's asleep. Again? I wasn't gone for that long. I sigh as I get out of the water. I put the seaweed beside her. I look at her face. She looks so uncomfortable. I slowly move her head onto my lap, lying her body down. I pick up her old bits of seaweed, god her gashes are bad. I run my fingers softly over the one on her side. She groans turning her head away from me. "Sorry.." I say quietly. I caress her face before I put the new batch of seaweed on her side and her calf. I groan as I lean back on the wall as sleep invaded my senses. "I promise to keep you safe." I say before I drift off into a deep sleep.

————————
End of this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it please comment and vote!