Chapter 24

After everyone left, Lincoln grabbed his phone. He inhaled deeply and exhaled, knowing how upset Stella and especially Ronnie Anne were going to be when they hear the news. He had to get them to understand that his sisters changed or wanted to change for the better. Even though it was close to eleven, he had a feeling they were still awake. Lincoln pressed the button for a video call of both Ronnie Anne and Stella.

It didn't take them long to answer. They both gasped when they saw Lincoln with a bandage around his head and in a hospital bed.

"Lincoln! What happened?!" Stella exclaimed.

"Did your sisters hurt you?! Did they do this to you?!" Ronnie demanded.

"No, they didn't do this. I got hit by a car," Lincoln answered.

They both gasped again.

"What happened? I've been waiting at the bus station worrying my mind off if someone happened to you! I thought your sisters were beating you with an inch of your life!" Ronnie Anne stated.

Stella was trying not to cry, but the tears were building up.

"It's okay, guys. Look, I was packed and ready to get on the bus, but I was caught. I ran, and I was scared out of my mind. When I got to the police station, I ran across the street to escape my sisters, who were chasing me. I didn't look, and I got hit by a car. That's how I ended up here," Lincoln explained.

"Oh no," Stella said, clapping her hand on her forehead.

Ronnie Anne kicked an old newspaper box while saying something in Spanish.

"There's more," Lincoln said.

"What is it?" Ronnie Anne asked.

"My sisters . . . they know," Lincoln said.

"Know what?" Stella asked.

Then both her and Ronnie Anne's eyes widened with shock and horror.

"You-you mean?! They know about your powers?!" Ronnie Anne questioned.

Lincoln nodded.

"Oh god, no," Stella breathed.

"I told them," Lincoln stated.

Stella and Ronnie Anne's eyes widened as they turned to the white-haired boy.

"You what?" Ronnie Anne questioned.

"They knew something was up, and I had no choice but to tell them," Lincoln answered.

"WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU DO THAT?!!" Ronnie Anne yelled.

"Because . . . I didn't take into account what all this was doing to them," Lincoln said.

Stella squinted her eyes before shaking her head, "What?"

"My sisters knew something was wrong. They knew I was miserable, but they didn't know why. All those times my sisters spent time with me, they were trying to reconnect with me. You guys should have been here. I've never seen my sisters so emotional, especially towards me. When they figured out I was trying to run away because of them, it destroyed them. They were crying their hearts out and pleading me to talk to them," Lincoln explained with tears building up in his eyes.

Stella and Ronnie Anne gave this pensive look as he continued.

"When I told and showed them my powers, the visions changed . . . they changed. My sisters were completely distraught, especially Lynn. They swore they would never do horrible things to me or abandon me. I can't open the whole vision now, but this appeared after they swore they'd never hurt me," Lincoln said before showing them the changed vision.