Chapter 26

Y/n Valentine
August 22nd, 2023
Atlanta, Georgia
____________________
"Miss. 53, what we doing for dinner?" I asked as she blushed.
"I still don't think it really hit me for real. I kind of want burgers, what you think?" She said as we walked out the locker room.
"Aye!!!! 50 burger extra crispy!" I heard a deep voice call out. I saw A'ja's brother and Roscoe approach us.
"Hey y'all," she said hugging them. I dapped up her brother and hugged Her dad.
"Y'all played great tonight! Baby girl, mom wanted me to tell you congrats," he said as she smiled brightly. I was so proud I could t do anything but cheese looking at her.
"And we ain't forgot about you Miss Double Double. What the hell did y'all eat for pregame?" Roscoe said as I laughed.
"Them wings from Lish and Tim restaurant," she said as we saw lish on her crutch.
"Oh lord. Crip lish," Naldo said making her laugh.
"Between you and Coach Staley ion know who's worse. She gone say some 'you got the boot on cause you ain't want A to return your block'," she mimicked their coach. We all talked a bit more before A and I had to leave to get food and meet everyone else at the hotel.
"I need to book deuce a hair cut. When was the last time Ace got one?" A'ja asked me as she typed into her phone.
"Uhhh. Like his right before All-Star," I said not really sure. I just take him whenever he start looking Ragedy. She smacked her lips. Making me look over.
"What?"
"That's so long ago. Poor tink. I'm booing them both a hair cut I'll just have Angel take them since she has Deuce already," she said as she called the younger girl. The phone rang twice before she picked up.
"Big A, talk to me," she said making A'ja bust out laughing.
"Girl what. How's my baby doin?"
"I'm good, just not loving these online classes," she said rolling her eyes.
"Uh I meant my actual Child ma'am. I'm glad though, and don't stress it'll get easier bookie," she told her as I pulled into the cane's drive thru.
"Haha, nah he's good though He big chilling. Ace been my shadow too. I took them with me to practice and deuce was all in everybody face and Ace stayed up under me," she said. I ordered our food while she talked to Angel a little more.
"Here baby," I said passing her the bag.
"That's y/n? Hey y/n!" She called out I looked over and waved.
"Hey mini A," I said as I pulled off towards the hotel. After a while she hung up and we sat in comfortable silence as I admired her face.
"You are so gorgeous Riyadh," I said randomly as she looked over with canes sauce on her lip making me laugh. She giggled wiping her lip.
"Thank you beautiful. Your so sweet to me," she said sighing happily.
"Always mama. You know you deserve the best," I told her as I leaned over giving her a quick peck. We pulled away and she looked me up and down biting her lip.
"Hurry up and get us to the hotel before I fuck you in this car," she said making me press down harder on the accelerator.
"Girl! Don't start," I said as she giggled.
"Okay my bad daddy," I side eyed her and saw her silently giggling. I got some for her ass. Imma go easy on her cause we got 3 more back to backs, but soon as we touch down in Vegas I'm giving her ass the business.
"Anyways. Gimme some fries please," I said as she fed me a couple. Soon I pulled up to the hotel and we got out.
"Finally y'all slow asses. We finna make TikToks in Jackie room," Syd said as we made it into the hotel.
"Woah Woah Woah. When did we agree to that?" Jackie says looking like Becky when she tried ti stop A on the court the other day.
"Well it's unanimous besides you my love," she said before laughing as we sure enough headed in the direction of Jackie's room.
"That's literally contradicting but okay," Jack mumbled as we walked into her room. Syd set up her phone on the hotel dresser as we all gathered around. Alaina sat off to the side typing away. I wish her and Jackie would get over whatever little tussle they got going on. KP and A'ja as well.  The shit was lowkey affecting our team dynamic and I'm not having it. Matter of fact, I'm finna end all this shit right now.
"TikTok's on hold. We finna have a come to Jesus moment," I said pausing the video as A and KB were tryna practice.
"Who need a cork to Jesus?" Chelsea asked as I chuckled.
"Glad you asked. It's multiple need actually, but we can go in order of how it happens. Layboog, Jack," I said calling them our first. Jackie, who was under the covers set her phone down.
"What I do?" She asked confused. Alaina chuckled as I clapped.
"Aht! That right there. Lay what's the problem?" She sighed.
"I ain't got a problem, I just feel like Jackie was being stand off ish or weird to me, since I came in close with You, KB, and A. I thought at first it was just cause she clearly isn't a huge people person so I was letting it go, but I done  tried to break the ice and you keep giving me the cold shoulder like I did something. Did I do something?" She said now talking to Jackie. Ms nonchalant looked around seeing we were all waiting for her response.
"Damn council. Anyways. You ain't did nothing to me and I don't care about your closeness to A or KB, or y/n/n. I just don't know you, so yeah," she shrugged.
"Okay so boom, what I'm hearing is gal need some bonding time, cool? Cool. Next. A, KP. I don't know what the hell y'all got going on, but please get to talking and fix that," she said as A spoke quickly.
"Kelsey knows my issue. But I'll repeat it if need be," she folded her arms as KP walked closer.
"I just don't see the problem. Like I really don't," she said shrugging.
"Well maybe that's something you allow with Darren's co-workers, but Ive said it once, and I'd really like this to be my last time saying it. I am not comfortable with the play flirting and shit. You know I love you and you my dawg. But this," she waved her hand between her and I, " this is my relationship Kels. And you know how I feel about disrespect, and I feel disrespected because you completely disregarded when I told you how I felt," she said as we all looked shocked, even me. Shit I ain't notice the flirting. Now I'm replaying every conversation KP and I have had in my head.
"If that's how you feel then you got it A. Like I said Ian see the issue but you got my word," KP said. It was lowkey condescending and I know A peeped it because I know her like the back of my hand.
"Yeah okay," she mumbled. I sighed and clapped.
"Alright TikTok's!" I said which seemed to break the thick tension that was in the room.
"Lord, just let us get through this road trip," I said in my head as they u paused the video and began dancing again.

Excuse all errors
- Team drama?
- A and Y/N's relationship?
- what's next?

A'jah 🫶🏽