Chapter Six - Split Ends

Chapter Six- Split Ends

Get your hair cut regularly, meaning every six to eight weeks. All hair gets damaged after a while. Get a trim of at least 1/4 to 1 inches, and you should have solved the problem. It will remove split ends and keep your hair healthy and growing strong.

One home hair treatment for split ends is a simple egg shampoo. For this treatment, all you need is an ounce of rosemary, preferably fresh, a pint of hot water, and one egg. What you want to do is steep your rosemary in the hot water for about 20 minutes, then let it cool. Once it's cooled down, beat your egg into it, then massage the mix into your hair and rinse, just as you would with a regular shampoo.

Mash up an avocado and, after getting your hair a bit damp, massage the fruit into your hair. Make sure you get your split ends coated. Let it set for anywhere between 15 minutes and half an hour, then rinse it out. Beer is actually really good for your hair, and this particular treatment is simplicity itself! All you need to do is massage some beer into your hair, then give it time to soak in thoroughly. After that, simply rinse.

Olive oil makes an effective home hair treatment for split ends all by itself! All you do is warm enough olive oil to cover your hair, then massage it into those pretty but dry tresses. Wrap your hair in a towel or cover it with a shower cap, and find something to do for half an hour – then shampoo.Vigorously rubbing your hair dry with a towel is not a good idea. Dripping wet hair should be gently squeezed with a towel to get rid of the excess water. Once the excess water is removed, it is best to let your hair air dry naturally.

Chamomile has calming properties and works great on split ends to repair them, along with taming frizz, which can cause split ends. Brew as many cups as you need and rinse your hair with it before you wash it, letting it set in for a moment. Then, wash and condition as normal.

Castor oil is extremely helpful in a number of ways, but when you use it in a home hair treatment for split ends, at least you don't have to drink the vile stuff! Rather, just mix equal amounts of castor oil, mustard oil, and olive oil – again, the amount you mix depends on the length and thickness of your hair. All you have to do is apply the mix into your hair, then wrap it up in a towel and let it set for 30 minutes. You definitely want to shampoo when you wash it out!

If you have dry hair that is prone to split ends, cocoa butter is an inexpensive lotion product that is great for your hair. You can buy this at any dollar store, drugstore, or online. All you have to do is apply it after washing your hair and before drying it when you get out of the shower. Comb through it and let it sit for a moment, and then dry as normal. Be sure to put some extra on the ends of your hair to give them special treatment.

Shea butter is rich in healthy fats that nourish your ends. Put it on your hair after getting out of the shower, and apply it before you comb out your hair. Then, let it sit for a second while you put lotion or oil on your body. Finally, just dry your hair as normal or let it air dry. Doing this every time you wash will ensure you keep your split ends at bay, all the time!.

Add 1 tsp. each of mustard oil, castor oil and olive oil into a small container and mix well. Put the mixture on your scalp, massage it in well and let sit for 30 minutes.
A mixture of coconut milk and egg white is also effective in treating split ends problem. Apply it onto your hair for around an hour and wash it with a mild shampoo..