An Open Letter to My Savior

BEFORE I FOUND YOU, I WAS LITERALLY ALONE WITH MY BROKEN HEART.

The days were starry when the man who I had made as my sky suddenly covered the horizon with a dark gray blanket. When he decided to turn his back and left, my eyes were clouding as I heard his leaving steps echoed on the pavement. My heart was hammered into pieces, and the genuine love that I had within was something that I couldn't recognize anymore.

It was months of pacing back and forth. My heart was living alone in a gigantic cage underneath the gloomy cave of uncertainties. Because of that sudden chaos that I never knew I would experience—the sunshine that I usually see on my windows doesn't creep there anymore. Every single time I woke up in the mornings, beneath my blanket was a complete nightfall. I could see nothing, but shadows in my vision. There were sirens that were screaming within the borders of my heart, and the familiar voices that typically sung me to sleep were the choirs I usually hear in funerals.

MY LIFE WAS TOTAL DARKNESS.

But, everything has changed when I heard your footprints coming to where I was... because the precious moment when our eyes met, your stares gave me the strength to break free from the cage that tried to fasten my whole life in depression. You metaphorically became the torches that guided me out of that depressing cave. When my hopes to find true love begun to weaken, you literally added fuel to the fading fire. The doubts, negativity, and pessimism—they suddenly vanished as I saw your light nearby the exit.

You were my star in that gloomy night, and you have helped me survive that heartbreak.

Thank you so much, my savior.