10 New Rules in 2020

LIVING A PRODUCTIVE LIFE is a complex maintenance to sustain. It is difficult to walk straight on the hallways when there are oppressors who outstretch their foot to block your way and trip you down towards the floor. It is quite challenging, especially when you are surrounded with people who keep on trying to undercut your optimistic progress.

With that in mind, you have to be the strongest version of yourself. You must be a hot air balloon that whenever someone is trying to fire you out, you rise up instead of burning down.

Here are some of the helpful ways to keep yourself in track:

1. Love yourself. This is one of the keys to maintaining your year in a better state. And, by loving, it means that you have to look for the beauty you have within. You have to know how awesome you are, and recognize the things that make you happy. If love is one of these things, do not be afraid to afford one.

2. You should not force yourself to suit in a bandwagon. It is never wrong if you act weird, dress in a way different from what's common, or choose the other path around. Being different from a sea of people does not make you less of a human.

3. Take the criticisms constructively. While listening towards the positive compliments, you have to also hear the bad things that people say about you and—aside from getting hurt—must take into account that these are some things that fill your rooms for improvement.

4. You should know when to throw grenades. Being good to people you meet is highly commended, but keep in mind that, sometimes, we have to scream out how enraged we are to a specific person in order for him to know how long he has crossed your line.

5. Be sensitive. Before judging a person in a way that's not fair, you have to scrutinize a certain issue first. Just because you have the freedom to speak does not mean you have to only use your mouth.

6. Be positive. When problems are getting worse, you must not plan of a suicidal scene, or never ever think of it. We all once come to the point that taking our lives is the only thing that's left to do. Before we do such thing, let us think some of our favorite things to do that we could no longer perform once we're dead:

a. Our favorite song. Could we afford not to listen to it forever?

b. New Music Videos. Could we afford not to see new records from our favorite artists?

c. Being a part of a concert crowd, traveling new places, mountains, sea waves, etc.

These are JUST small things, BUT IF YOU TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE, YOU WILL NEVER HEAR, SEE, OR EXPERIENCE ANY OF THEM ANYMORE.

7. Understand other people. Understand that we all have various problems. When you think you have the biggest problem, the only person that could save you, is you. You do not need people to keep you in the light. You may share your problems, but do not expect sufficient help because there are cases that the persons who listen to your problems are the ones who have difficulties in dealing with theirs.

8. Be careful with the chances you give. When someone breaks your trust and that someone asks for a second one, then give him. We all do deserve a second chance. However, before you give your trust back to the person who once chopped it, test the patience of that person and assess if he has learnt from his mistakes. Remember, Trust is precious.

9. Never pass in between lovers who are holding both hands. In short, do not recklessly drag a person to love you when that person is already owned by someone else. Do not be desperate. There are billions of people in the world, if you search for a good soul, be a good soul.

10. Do not be afraid to lose friends. I mean, why do we have to be afraid of losing one when a real friend never leaves?

Words by: Don Leonard Cohina