- Review For The Book: Love At Dawn -

Love at Dawn by LiebeKlara
Whole Package - (Prologue, Ch,1 , 2 & 3)

Love at Dawn is a nice title. I haven't seen it used by anyone on Wattpad so far which is refreshing. It also fits the blurb, good job with that.

The blurb is great. Honestly, at first I didn't think the beginning part of the blurb was necessary (I'm guessing the scene you took out from the book) but it did complete the missing piece I looked for when I was reading. I wouldn't change anything about it. I do like short and intense blurbs more engaging, however you did an amazing job just pulling the readers in the way you did. Moreover, it did fit the genre.

The way the prologue started wasn't what I was expecting. The opener "The old grandma in town is about to pass away" to me isn't a good hook. The hook is so important but since the prologue revolves around this mysterious grandma I would still keep the opener but rewrite it a little bit. Maybe include the grandma's name? Or give her an adjective that's going to help readers connect to her. Otherwise it's just bland and impact less.

Other than that, I truly did ended up liking the prologue. I couldn't figure out where the rest of the story would take place and how. We get introduced to the characters and the town that seems very secluded and has a knit tight community but there's still mystery and unanswered questions lingering in the air which I liked.

With each chapter I read; 1,2 and 3 I ended up liking the book more. Your writing style is descriptive and poetic while still easy to understand. I especially liked how you described the feelings of characters and their personalities. For example, Andre and his switch of personality between the prologue and the first chapter. Then we learn more about Edith. I especially liked the time period. You managed to write it professionally without making the readers feel like it's out of place which is a good base for the unique plot you came up with. The time jump was a little bit unexpected though but it didn't turn me off.

The only thing that did was that sometimes your writing was contradicting to itself. For example, I was extremely confused with Andre and Edith's relationship (I know it was platonic after I went into the comments thinking I might be the only one that doesn't see just the platonic side of it)
For example, Andre tucking hair behind her ear, or being so obsessed with getting to be her friend. It just seems odd. She's 9 and he's a young adult. If you want the readers to not have the feel they have this romantic relationship then it's the best to go over those scenes and edit them.

Also, the grammar was at times off. Mostly during the dialogue. Ex: "I'll paint a better one for you later." He entreated. It should be, "I'll paint a better one for you later," he entreated.

Lastly, I did like the transitions and the endings, except for the third chapter (ending). It seemed rushed. It didn't have this suspense, or a good closing line that's going to encourage reader to wait for the next update. Instead, it felt more of like a wrap to the whole book. I would suggest editing the ending a little bit to make it perfect.

Overall, I saw that this was your first book and the writing style itself is so beautiful already. You have a talent for description which I'm jealous of. Keep on writing and it'll only get better. Thank you for letting me review your book!