10. Gods, Patroclus

I moved my hand away instantly and stood up. Tendrils of heat rose to my cheeks. 

Patroclus dropped his smirk, but kept his eyes steady.

"I was joking - geez." 

He stood up. He drew his fingers through his hair and walked back towards the horses.

I followed a few steps behind. It wasn't so much his words that had affected me, but the way he spoke it - almost as if he had wished they were true. A very small (insignificant) part of me felt like it knew the reasoning behind my blunt reaction. 

Perhaps with all the time we had been spending I had admittedly felt slightly more close to him. And sometimes, when the light fell on his face or when he stared at me for a little too long, I felt a tugging towards him that felt more than just platonic.

I shuddered at that - Patroclus was a man. I was a man. Yet something told me it didn't really matter. 

I dismissedly pushed the strange thoughts back to the back of my mind. I approached my horse stiffly. My eyes were cast down.

"Relax, Achilles." said Patroclus, grinning tentatively at me. 

I awkwardly half-smiled and climbed onto my horse.

Patroclus chuckled. 

"You're blushing though." 

...

Gods, Patroclus

Author's Note:

Guys i promise there will be spice next chapter I just can't do it right now because pacing. ITS A BIT OF A SLOWBURN IKKK ITS BEEN 10 CHAPTERS YADAYADA. i promise pinky promise its coming.